Tuesday, May 27, 2014

handmade journals ~

Hello friends!  My word, it's been so long since I last posted!

I just couldn't bear to do a post with my ho hum photos after the amazing photography by 
Marcy Harris Photos!  But I've decided to swallow my pride, so here we go.  I'm sharing my latest collection of handmade journals.  

I've simply placed a composition book inside a hand sewn fabric cover, made of muslin or dropcloth fabric.  My sweet friend Ann sews the covers for me.  And then I immerse myself into decorating the covers with vintage and handmade elements.  

For this collection, I decided to hand stamp metal plant tags with sayings that I find inspirational and meaningful.  My favorite............


I love making fabric rosettes and I think old pearls and rhinestones in the center add just the right amount of sparkle and class.

The lavender flowers on this one are tiny vintage millinery flowers that I found at the Springfield Flea Market a couple weeks ago.


 This colorful journal is adorned with green flowers that I cut off of an old shirt!  I added a dangly charm that I made from earrings  to the key.  The pink flower up top is a gauzy sweet vintage millinery flower.


 The turquoise dangling charm on this one was a broken vintage bracelet.  Those blue stones matched the pretty satin ribbon perfectly. 

 


These journals will all be available for sale in the shop tomorrow.  

Thanks for reading!  I'll try to post more often!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

7 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

So glad you're back posting....you've been missed! Those journals are Darling~~~what a beautiful gift for someone or ones self. I'm sure these will sell quick.....I think the green one is striking! Also, your blog looks fabulous~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Junkchiccottage said...

Polly,
These journals are so cute. What a wonderful gift for a special friend or for yourself. Love the first one too! Very pretty.
Kris

Chris Dancy said...

Really beautiful and inspiring journals. I just found that you were being missed by your journal lovers. Don't stop creating journals. You are an inspiring person in real sense. I wish you wouldn't stop writing.

- Bespoke Kitchens remodellers in Linlithgow

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

So cute Polly !!!!!!!

jyoti soni said...

hank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page. retail design Exponents is one of North Americamost highly respected custom-modular designers and manufacturers of Exhibits,Retail, Display and Point of Sale solutions.



laura Madalene said...

Really beautiful and inspiring handmade journals. Yes this colorful journal is adorned with green flowers.
inspiring-garden

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So glad you posted. Your creativity is so fun!

Post a Comment