Tuesday, February 18, 2014

and then, there was light ~

Things are progressing quite nicely at the new store!  Most of the work to the space has been completed.  Yesterday, my vintage chandelier was installed........


This chandelier belonged to my friend Nichi's Grandmother!  It had been in storage for the past 12 years and now is my crowning jewel!  It looks amazing with the tin ceiling tiles!

We also have a new floor!  This part of the building was an addition, although we don't know when it was added on.  The floors are solid concrete.  We decided to have the floors painted white and heavily distressed.  I just wanted a very worn and kind of gnarly look like people had been walking on it for years and years.  We'll be moving furniture around a lot, so if it gets scratched, it will just blend in.  And I won't freak out if a scratch occurs.  


The barnwood baseboards have also been installed and currently my husband is working on building a 12 foot counter.  It is so fun to see things coming together with each and every day!

So excited!!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

7 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Polly,
Oh that chandy is gorgeous. I bet you are getting so excited to being so close to having the new space done. Love those floors. I am excited for you and cannot wait to see pics of the shop when it is all done. Wooo Hooo.
Kris

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Just stunning!! I am so excited for you!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Your new space is looking wonderful !!! I can hardly wait to see it all finished !!
Em will be home next week if you have time ( lol ) we would love to meet you for lunch !!!!
Let us know !
Hugs !!!

Debby said...

I can't wait to see your new space. When will you open. So excited for you. (((((HUGS)))))

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So great Polly! I have been thinking of you. You are making lots of progress. Great finishes you have chosen and I love that chandelier.

sweetvintageofmine said...

I need to catch up!!! You are moving to another store?? The chandy is over the moon gorgeous!! LOVE it~! Keep me informed......are you moving far? Blessings~~~Roxie

must love junk said...

Polly, I love the chandy! How exciting that everything is coming together! Can't wait to see more :)
Susan

Post a Comment