Sunday, December 8, 2013

our holiday porch ~

The beautiful bluest of blue skies and fluffy white snow gracing our front yard created the perfect day to take some photos of what we've done outside this year for Christmas!  We chose live cedar to scallop around the front porch roof with white twinklies.  I love the look of the cedar.....it seems much fuller to me than white pine.


 but, I learned I'm allergic to it!


almost instantly, these little red bumps were all up and down my arms.  But they didn't last long, so it's all good.

I digress, moving on now. 

White branches fill my urns with live pine clippings from our blue spruce.  And I had enough cedar left from the roping to add it to the pine.


 Embellishing a very simple and inexpensive faux pine wreath with a miniature burlap welcome banner added a cute touch


I found this old sled over the summer and it was already black.  It is so hard to buy Christmas in the dead of summer, but I knew white skates would really pop against the black.  The big burlap bow is from Hobby Lobby's wedding section.


 I have ALWAYS wanted one of these white wooden deer but have never known where to buy one.  Over the summer, I found one for $8 at the antique mall!  YAY!


One of my favorite things about the snow.............pup-pup tracks!


I added cut pine and another burlap bow to my rusty old bike leaning against the house.  Mick shined a spotlight on it so it looks so very pretty at night!


From our home to yours.......


...............we hope you're having a sweet little holiday season so far!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

6 comments:

Lili said...

Your vintage touches nestled among the winter greens and white lights are so pretty! Love the blue sky/white snow too...Christmas perfection! xo

sweetvintageofmine said...

Hi Polly, Your home is beautiful! I love the touches...especially the cedar roping! Urns filled with greens and twigs plus your white rockers! ( I have white rockers too!) My favorite though is the bicycle....I'm sure it's outstanding with the spot light on it! Just adds that vintage touch! Blessings~~~Roxie

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Polly,
How pretty everything looks with the snow. I love all your pretty touches. I am a big fan of vintage bikes and I bet yours looks so pretty with the light on it at night. Hope you will come by tomorrow and show off your porch decor on my Christmas Party link.
Kris

Debby said...

What a pretty home. Everything looks so nice. The snow is beautiful isn't it. Not sure the ice that seems to be coming is. Happy Holidays.

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Polly your home looks so beautiful love all the fresh greens !!!!

Tammy Thompson said...

Polly your house look's adorable !! Not over done, just a perfect vintage feel. Happy holiday's !!

Post a Comment