Friday, December 6, 2013

my neutral {yet festive} foyer ~

Hello!  Hope everyone is well and surviving the holiday frenzy as December came upon us quite quickly this year, didn't it?!?!

I have been so busy with the shop!  We've had events the last 2 weekends and another tonight/tomorrow so my home decorating is a bit behind, but I'm getting there.  Little by little, the simple touches I like to add are making their appearances.

We had amazing weather on Monday and Mick was home for the day, so we did all the outside stuff, which I will post about soon, but for today, I thought I'd show you my tiny little foyer with its sprinkling of holiday cheer............


 Keeping with a very neutral palette, I added the stockings I made a few years ago to Mom and Dad's antique dresser.



 Found this whitewashed oversized reindeer at Meijer right before Thanksgiving.  I kept walking away from him but ended up going back for him after all!


Me and my vintage game letters!  Words and graphics fascinate me!




My talented friend Nichi made some book page holly wreaths for the shop that had red berries.  I asked if she could make me one with vintage pearls and voila, she created this beauty for me!


Grandma's trinket box.........


My collection of frameless mirrors surround the antique dresser we placed here.  I just need one more rectangular to finish it off.  It will be placed above the dresser mirror.  I just keep looking!




From our home to yours, we bid you the happiest of holiday seasons!

Be merry!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

4 comments:

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Looks so wonderful , soft and inviting !!!!
hugs

Michelle McCoy said...

So pretty!

must love junk said...

Love it all! The reindeer is adorable and I love the stockings :)
Susan

Dewena Callis said...

Hello, Polly. Your foyer is so pretty! Everything looks so great with your father's dresser, the majestic reindeer and your friend's paper and pearl holly wreath, and the vintage mirrors. I'm sure you'll find exactly the right mirror for your collection.

Thank you so much for following me! I have now followed you and added you to my blogroll so I won't miss your posts. When I saw your story at Susan's I immediately messaged my cousin on FB. She teaches art and now has a booth at an antiques mall and I knew she would be interested in your story.

Dewena

Post a Comment