Sunday, December 15, 2013

my merry dining room ~

 Making merry in my dining room for Christmas with pops of red but still a simple farmhouse style overall.  It's amazing how some little bits of color here and there are just the right touch of cheer for Christmas!

  


I used a ton of live greenery throughout the house this year.  I sent my husband to pick up some pine and cedar for me and he came back with bundles and bundles of various types.  It was really fun to work it all in here and there!  The Keep Calm card was my birthday card from my hubby in November.  I just love the saying on it and it's so glittery, I thought it was a cute touch in my hint of red room!



Square antique mercury glass garland nestled into some live cedar is the simplest touch to my chippy old cupboard in this corner..........


I thought the squares were unique!


 


The addition of small wreaths that I made for the back of the chairs dresses them up a bit....


For my centerpiece, I kept my antique bottle carrier and filled the jars with boxwood, pine and babys breath and a few big chunky peppermint sticks






My antique mercury glass bells are a lovely touch here....



Not sure if you can see, but I added crystal prisms to the branches!  Love that crystal sparkle!


 Stockings made from old feedsacks liven up my welsh cupboard.......




 One of my Chirstmas purchases this year was this NOEL sign I found at Rose's {of all places} for $7.  It fit perfectly in the center cubby of my cupboard.


 

 A recent gift from a sweet friend is this old McCormick {our last name} red toy tractor.  I absolutely love it mixed in with my white dishes!






From this angle, you can see a little peek into my kitchen..........


merry merry to all my sweet friends!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

Linking up to:

Common Ground Be Inspired #170

8 comments:

must love junk said...

Polly, your dining room looks gorgeous! I love all the fresh greenery, and that tractor is adorable!
Susan

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Your dining room looks wonderful !!!Love that sweet tractor what a fun addition to your holiday cheer !
Hugs

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So pretty Polly. I really like your pops of color!

Robin Johnson said...

Your dinning room looks so pretty and festive. I love the centerpiece on the table and the tiny wreaths hanging from the chairs. Such a lovely touch in a room filled to the brim with lovely displays.

Dewena Callis said...

Do you know that a Welsh cupboard was the number one crave that I and my girlfriends had back in the 1960s when we were all newlyweds? But we would have crammed ours with blue and white china and by now it would have looked so dated unless we were actually living in an English cottage.

I love your dining room. I loved your office. Now I want to see your kitchen. If I keep reading older posts will I find it or will you reveal it later?

pballard said...

Lovely home lovely blog. Thanks for sharing.

Pat Cantwell said...

Polly,
Love, Love, L O V E your Welsh Cabinet, dear friend!!!
NOELis our word for Christmas...not the easiest to find...I adore the one on your cabinet!!!
Your Christmas decor is tranquil and serene...perfect for this busy holiday season, dear one!!!
Visiting from Common Ground!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Debra Oliver said...

LOVE that wonderful Cupboard, Happy Happy New Year, Polly!!!

Post a Comment