Monday, December 16, 2013

my home office touched by vintage {holiday} ~

 Hello everyone!  My holiday home tour continues today with my home office that is filled with some of my favorite vintage finds, including a few holiday touches too!  This room is the most feminine room in our house.  You'll find ruffled pillows, pinks and pastels, and all kinds of white furniture.  But in the same room, you'll also find industrial and primitive too.  It's a true juxtaposition in styles and probably my most favorite space in our house.  I didn't do a ton of holiday decorating in here but enough for a little dose of holiday cheer.

This year, we placed our main Christmas tree in the doorway between this office space and our family room.  This way, it can be enjoyed from both rooms and you can see it lit from outside.  I always love to see a sparkling twinkling tree from the street view!


 This is the view from our foyer........


 My wreath filled with vintage Shiny Brites is perfect as a candle ring!





 I added a vintage white tree into one of the baskets resting on top of my file cabinet and filled with sweet vintage Shiny Brites in some of my favorite pastels.  The cabinet itself is a recent purchase to help me get all my papers organized.  You'll see how it's helping me in just a minute.




The cabinets rescued from the basement of an old jail opens to reveal lots of slots, the perfect size for paper filing.  I've labelled each slot and it now houses all of our bills, receipts, files, and paperwork.  I might be in love with this.  It makes bill paying and receipt finding so much easier!   There's four doors that open to reveal all kinds of organization!



On the other side of the room, I've recently replaced a mid century credenza with this set of industrial drawers to house all my little bits..........pens, pencils, markers, brushes, office supplies, etc....  I am completely and totally smitten with my 54 drawers of storage potential!



 I have a small collection of vintage office tools like my rubber stamps.



 The front wall that faces the street houses my IKEA desk that I designed with the Alex drawer units and a kitchen tabletop.  I love looking outside while I'm working here.  I did all my Christmas gift wrapping here this year watching the snow fall, drinking a cider, and listening to music.  So much better than the basement!



A large bottle drying rack holds all my ribbons, twines, scissors and tags


 more vintage office supplies


washi tape { new obsession }


old pencils I bought at Antebellum Farmhouse

My favorite antique ornament showcased in a small wooden bowl.  Pale pink, super fragile, so sweet


 This antique cupboard in the corner houses collections and little things I love.  When we bought the cupboard, it had a piece of gingerbread molding on top that I lived with for a while but finally removed it to reveal much cleaner lines.  Plus I can line up my IKEA burlap boxes on top for even more storage!



My M book that Nichi cut for me.  I chose this one for the dragonfly on the cover and the soft sweet pink.




Kelly Rae artwork from CornerSmiths



My Mom's Little Women book, all tattered and torn and obviously well loved




Thank you for visiting today and seeing how I stay organized and how I've added a touch of vintage Christmas to my favorite space.

~ vintage love ~

Polly

Linking up to:

Common Ground Be Inspired #170

11 comments:

Debby said...

There is a lot to love in your office. So cute. Love the pouffs and the couch, all the storage, everything. Happy Holidays.

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

LOVE every inch !!!!!!


Karen said...

What a beautiful space, thanks so much for sharing it..

sweetvintageofmine said...

Your office is gorgeous!! I love how you put your tree between the two rooms.....great idea! I too, enjoy a mix of romantic, industrial in a room.....that cabinet with all the slots is a great piece! And of course, the vintage pink typewriter is soooo sweet!!! Stay warm and blessings~~~Roxie

Dewena Callis said...

I want an office like yours! Good grief! Even the old tape dispenser is pretty in this room. And those two sweet little white poufs for resting your feet (shoes off!). I would never want to leave this office.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a great space Polly...love all the details!!

Michelle McCoy said...

Let me just say that the pictures just do not do it justice! I want to live there.
Stunning. Just stunning.

Thanks again for having me today Polly :)

Hula said...

I am coveting that shiny stapler! Functional but also so pretty and shiny

Robin Johnson said...

Your office looks like a place I would love to work in. I adore all the vintage goodies you've used and that typewriter! Oh Man is that sweet!

must love junk said...

Polly-wow!! Your office is just dreamy! I love so many things in there, I don't even know where to begin!
Susan

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Wow! So many beautiful touches in your space. The pink typewriter - that wreath - love that little white tree. Your storage is really good too. Nice to have a office that works well, and is beautiful. I like how you used your bottle rack for ribbons. Is that the one from Decor Steals? If so I have been sanding mine in the garage because it seems too rough to hang mugs from. Love everything you've done! Love the choose hope! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Great Christmas card of you and the hubs as well. Looks like you had a fun and creative photo shoot!

Post a Comment