Monday, December 9, 2013

54 drawers ~

At the beginning of 2013, I promised myself that getting organized would be a priority in my life.  I really enjoy things to be sorted and categorized.  That's how my brain works, little compartments of info.  So, for me, organizing things means bins and baskets, drawers and cubbies.  Part of my "get organized 2013" campaign meant searching for furniture pieces to add to our house that would make my life a little bit easier.

A couple weeks ago, my friend Beth posted a pic on her business page on Facebook that just about made me fall over in my chair.

said pic:


then she went and posted another one 


They were all loaded up in her truck and ready for a new home.  I didn't want to miss out on these so as soon as I closed the shop that day, I raced over to her house to check them out.  It was snowing and cold and my husband was at the OSU game so I couldn't get his opinion.  But quite frankly, I didn't need it!  I knew that I had to have them!

So they came home with me and sat in the garage until I had time yesterday to start scraping off all those darn stickers.


 Some of them peeled right off, but most of them did not.  So 2 magic erasers and 1 razor blade later, they were all cleaned up!



We printed off numbered tags 1 - 54, slid them into the tag holders, stood back and just breathed in the awesomeness of 54 drawers!  I've filled the top two rows already.  At some point, I might change out the labels to say what is in each drawer.

So, tell me, do you love drawers as much as I do?  Why?

~ vintage love ~

Polly

5 comments:

must love junk said...

All I can say is WOW!!! Oh, and "I'm very jealous!!" ;)
Susan

Shannon Gabor said...

Awesome!

Debby said...

Not sure my other message went through . I love that piece. The nice thing is other than the stickers being removed you didn't have to do anything. Oh, the picture you of the painting you took at the Barn sale.....the one of the winter scene, was purchased by my DIL. Small world again.

Junkchiccottage said...

Polly what an awesome piece and those drawers are great. You have some amazing storage. Love this.
Kris

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks like a great place to store all of your little things without them getting lost. That will really keep you organized. Love them!

Post a Comment