Monday, October 28, 2013

Fall family room ~

Hello...........how are ya?

I spent yesterday tweaking my family room all because of a random find at Garden Ridge that got me all revved up to make some changes in there.  Ever have that happen?  You go shopping for something specific, like a few baskets, and end up purchasing a new piece of furniture and then your previous efforts get redirected on another space in your home?  That was me yesterday, decorating ADD!  I was working on a corner of my office and needed some baskets, so a quick trip to Garden Ridge was necessary.  But, of course, once at Garden Ridge, I just had to run through the furniture section.  I found a cool credenza that was the floor model and the last one left, so the manager gave me a great deal on it.  I knew exactly where I was going to put it, at least I HOPED it would fit!

With a little moving of the grey chairs, it fits perfectly!


I found the antique McCormick Deering sign last month at the Springfield Show and it had not yet landed anywhere.   I'm very happy with it in this vignette.




  I always get so excited when I find an old sign with our last name on it!  Love the patina on this thing.


 A few white pumpkins in an old ironstone compote for Fall..........


 While at Garden Ridge, I also found a couple dark grey and cream quatrefoil pillows for my sofa.  I had been wanting to bring the grey from the IKEA chairs over to this side of the room but had not found the right pillows.  I'm liking it!


 I switched my previous one drawer stand end table that was painted light grey for this antique one in dark stained wood.  So warm for Fall.  This table has great texture and patina.  It looks like someone used it as a work station, it's all beat up and well loved.


My chalkboard got updated with my favorite saying of the season:

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart

I found this adorable wreath at the Springfield Show and tacked it onto the chalkboard.......

 
 
and added the rest of the quote and paper doily banner to complete the board..........





 Finally got me an old olive bucket too!  What to fill it with?!?!  I'm thinking birch logs if I can find some!



 The whole room, warm and cozy and of course I must have a splash of pink somewhere!  Found that Pottery Barn quilt at the thrift store a few weeks ago. 


 my velvet pumpkins.........



 Remember this print?  I came across it at the church rummage sale last month.  It has finally landed on this little wall in my family room.


 Old girl enjoying some morning sunshine.........


 Happy Fall my friends!!


Hope you are enjoying the season!

~ vintage love ~

16 comments:

Debra Oliver said...

LOVE your family room, it's so cozy and comfortable!!

Debby said...

So COZY and you know how I love COZY. (((((HUGS))))

Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

SO SO Beautiful Polly!! I love it!!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Polly can you come and help me ? I am stuck !!!! I want to move things around and change things up but can not seem to figure things out :(
Your family room looks so amazing I love your new cupboard and pillows !!
The side table has a great look and love the mix of old and new !!!!
You are so talented !!!!!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ornate Splendor said...

Hi Polly,
Wonderful job on your family room! Love that coffee table with the little white pumpkins, and your new pillows are gorgeous -- actually all of the pillows are really pretty -- great combination of prints and textures. Beautiful room over all. Hugs, Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures!) : )

Jeannie Marie said...

You did a beautiful job on your family room! Each item seems placed exactly right! I'm in awe of your Paris print over the new credenza. (which is awesome by the way!)

Robin Johnson said...

What a cozy looking space. Love the new arrangement, the sign looks like it was made for that spot.

Julie redheadcandecorate.com said...

Hi Polly! Happy to meet you @ our "Inspiration Monday Party"! I will be featuring your Fall decor at this Sunday's party @ 2pm EST! yeay :) ~ Julie redheadcandecorate.com

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Fall to you too Polly...everything looks great!

Cathy said...

Polly--your home looks amazing! Annnnndddddd, if you EVER get rid of that coffee table I know a good home for it :) xoxo

Pam Kessler said...

I'm loving the ladder with the blankies on it. It looks so cozy for fall. Also LOVE that chest with drawers on top of the new credenza!

must love junk said...

Polly, there is SO much I'm loving about this room!!! Your coffee table, the dough bowl with pumpkins, your chalkboard, your cow print, I could go on and on...!! :)
Susan

Tanya Runkle said...

I absolutely love this space Polly, so warm and lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the Inspiration Monday party :) xo

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Polly! I want to curl up on that pretty sofa with a good book. Thanks bunches for linking up with us last week. Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Art and Sand said...

Everything looks wonderful. If I dropped by, that olive bucket would be missing after I left. I have been looking for one for quite awhile.

Post a Comment