Sunday, September 1, 2013

trippin'

We are back home safe and sound from our first beach visit in 10 years!

It was awesome.  Plain and simple.  An awesome week away.

And I miss it already, so here I am posting some pics and trying to smell and
 hear the beach through my monitor!

Anyone who knows us knows that we generally like to drive when we travel.  Down and deep, we are pickers at heart, so we need hauling capabilities 'cause you just never know what you might come across on your travels.

So off we went, hittin' the open road in our trusty Buick Rendezvous that holds more than you would think when all the seats are removed.  We purposely packed light knowing things are more relaxed at the beach, and of course, knowing that cargo room is precious space for vintage finds!



My handsome man, patient and kind, he drove the whole time while I did some Google map navigating and a lot of searching for potential stops along the way.

Snapped a pic of how I'm managing these crazy bangs of mine these days.........


 A side-swept braid to keep the buggers out of my eyes as they're growing out...........yet again.  I feel like my hair just never is quite what I want it to be.

Sorry, I digress.  Back to our trip!

Our first pit stop was in West Virginia where we found................nothing.  But it was located on George Street, so we HAD to stop!!


 From there, we decided to drive on to Concord, NC so we could stop at The Depot at Gibson Mill which has been on my bucket list for a few years now.  And let me tell you, it did not disappoint!  Actually, it was a little overwhelming, even for us and we're used to big antique malls.  This place was FILLED with cool stuff!



Great building, lots of character and overflowing with treasures!



Pics of a few favorites..........





Definitely a must-see if you're ever close by there.  Plan a few hours, wear light clothes because it's hot in there, and wear comfy shoes.

From there, we were full throttle to the beach!

We arrived late, almost midnight, so we got up bright and early the next day to start taking it all in.

Hello Folly Beach, SC!


 My favorite thing about this place was the cheery, beachy colors they use on the homes.  Who doesn't want to live in a teal beach house?!? 


Brought my vintage 1950's beach umbrella along!

A good book and 70 SPF........our necessities for the week........


Our little home away from home for the week, Hemingsway Hideaway..............


850 square feet of beachy cuteness!  Just perfect for the two of us, and right by the beach!  love.

Folly Beach is a small beach town with several great restaurants, enough to eat someplace different each evening.  We enjoyed a sea view from the rooftop of a local bar one evening.......


So we drove into Charleston a couple days, but I took no pictures.  It was hot and busy and quite honestly, the only thing on my mind was getting back to the sand and surf.

Which is exactly what we did.

Six days and some nice tan lines later, it was time to head towards our next destination....Nashville!

Mick has a buddy, a former OSU basketball player who now lives {and sings} in Nashville where he's cutting a record.  We've been wanting to go there for a while now to catch him in action and we found him at Margaritaville!



 We knew he was playing there, but we didn't know we'd see him in the open window strumming his guitar as soon as we walked up!  What a neat city to visit!  So everyone, meet Matt Marinchick, all 7 feet of him doin' his thing!  Some of you may have heard his music playing when you've visited my shop.  He has a great voice and writes his own songs.  He sounded great!  Despite it being very crowded, we scored some front row seats with a perfect view of our friend........

 

We also took a couple hours to check out Franklin, TN.  I'd heard the shopping there was amazing, which was sooooo true!  Franklin is home to one of my favorite bloggers that I've been following for quite some time now, Vintage Junky.  She had a cute tiny space at Winchester Antique Mall.



This part of her booth was tucked into a little closet under the stairs!  So cute!


We also visited City Farmhouse, one of my favorite Facebook pages.  Holy amazing!!!







I loved loved loved every single thing in this place!

There was great shopping around every corner of this quaint town.  We also visited Scarlett Scales Antiques which is one of my favorite booths at the Country Living Fair.  Her store was also awesome, but I was so distracted by everything, I forgot to take pictures!

We picked which houses we would buy if we lived there.

My pick:


Mick's pick:


Gorgeous!!  And these are just snippets people.  The whole town was so utterly charming!  Highly recommend a visit!  I am thinking GIRLS WEEKEND!

Our happy little week away has come to an end, but the memories are forever!  We're off to go pick up our old girl today, can't wait to see that furry face and get a lick on my face.  I've missed that so much.

Back to reality and work, the shop will be getting some love this week, and I'll be sure to post some pics!  

Thanks for following along on our little journey.

~ vintage love ~

Polly






7 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

So many great things I would have thrown down the cash for! Looks like a great trip, Polly.

Debby said...

Pure bliss....the beach and my kind of shopping. You are a cute couple. Glad you had such a good time. Anxious to see what you brought home with you.

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

WOW sounds like a great vacation !!!!!
Love seeing all your pictures !
I am sure you filled your car with wonderful finds !
See you soon !!

fyi : Em has a basket full of knitting goodies for you !!!
Hugs

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks like a great time! Glad you could get away and relax. Franklin shopping looks amazing!

Suzanne Vincent said...

We love Nashville, too! My husband has 2 friends from high school who live there and we have a great time. Next time we are definitely going to Franklin to shop! Hope to see you next week while Susan is in town.

must love junk said...

Oh, that looks like such a fantastic vaca, Polly! I need a beach fix! :)
Susan

Sue said...

Fun, fun, fun! Glad you had a great trip, Polly. :-) Sue

Post a Comment