Monday, September 16, 2013

master bath update ~




The contractors have finished our bathroom!  I've been busy cleaning up all the dust and polishing everything up and starting to decorate.  I'm so happy with their finished work!

This is our little toilet room freshly painted in dark gray.  I added an awesome old photo that I purchased last week at auction.  It's from the 1930's and the work clothes on this group of guys is just too cute.  An old tarnished silver teapot holds a pink peony, the burlap bag holds the unsightly bathroom necessities.  I love the old wire basket filled with white washcloths and pink french soap.


We kept our little over-the-toilet etagere that we bought from Target when we moved in 10 years ago.  It's so functional for toilet paper storage and a little accessorizing too!  The old mirror was transplanted from somewhere else in the house.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the  mirror has a really cool patina in it.  And a wicker basket for magazines.


 Next up is our new shower!  We chose white subway tiles from floor to ceiling with marble hexagons for the floor and shelf inset.


 We bought the glass doors on overstock.com and with some work, the contractor got them to fit.  I am in love with these doors!


Here is a close-up of the hex detail on the little shelf where we'll keep our shampoo and soap.

 We added a small bench for leg shaving purposes and a stainless safety bar.


 The floor is so pretty!  I can't believe this is our shower!


 We put my chippy old cupboard back in between our two sinks so I've been styling it.  This is one of my favorite antiques in our house.  So chippy, so pretty, so functional too!  I thought about painting it, but I just can bring myself to do it.


 Above the soaker tub, we added new pendant lights to replace the ugly can lights.  I also shopped my store and decided to place this huge antique venetian mirror above the tub.  It makes the room look bigger and adds some nice bling!


 The lights are from Home Depot and come with edison bulbs.



This is the little corner where we had a non-functional window bench removed.  Now I have a perfect nook for a piece of furniture to provide extra storage.  After looking at several pieces and narrowing our search down to 4, we picked something yesterday.  It will be moved in soon!


 I decided to buy a couple of these fake olive buckets from WalMart for $10 each to use as trash cans.


Things are definitely coming along.  Hoping to be all finished very soon.  It's a touch of modern mixed with a touch of vintage.  It's classy, yet simple.  It's elegant, yet farmhouse.  It's traditional, and a little industrial.  Just my kind of juxtaposition in decor!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

12 comments:

Debby said...

I love it Polly. Also really like your new banner pictures. So cute. That cabinet is perfect the way it is.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The room looks great Polly!!
Going back to see all the details again!

Shannon Gabor said...

Looks fantastic! So peaceful.

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Your bathroom redo turned out WONDERFUL and with all your details it is the icing on the cake !!!!
Magazine worthy !!!!!!


Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So nice Polly! Love how your shower turned out! Your little chippy cabinet is super cool too!

must love junk said...

OH, this looks fantastic! I'd never want to leave-ha! :)
Susan

Pam Kessler said...

Wow, what a difference! I'm in love with the hex tiles. Great look.

Suzanne Vincent said...

LOVE the new lights - hard to believe they came from a box store! Your tile choices are perfect - vintage, yet modern at the same time

Katie said...

It's look great. Your decorating is so inspiring. Every time I look at it, I leave with a peace of inspiration and creativity. Good combo!!

bringglory said...

Great job guys!! Wow it looks amazing!! I'm totally in love with those hanging lights!

Beth Rutter said...

Gorgeous! Perfection!

Katie said...

I really like your new shower. You have the most interesting style. Some of the things I would not think to pick but you have a gift to put it with something old and it looks magical. When I used to go over your house to ooh and ahh I used to leave so inspired. Is the little cabinet upside down between your sinks? I love that cabinet. I think of you often when I see farmhouse chippy. I really love all your details.

Post a Comment