Sunday, August 4, 2013

little loo ~


 Work is still progressing on our master bathroom, actually they will probably start laying tile this week {fingers crossed}!  In the meantime, we decided to have our tiny downstairs half bath painted the same dark grey that we used upstairs.

And of course with a new paint job comes new accessories and a new look, so I thought I'd share some photos of this tiny space.

Previously, it was painted light green and had very cottage style accessories.  Now, it's a touch modern, a touch vintage shabby, and a tad bit quirky.  Just my style!

We replaced the boring beveled glass mirror with a big chunky mirror made with reclaimed molding.  I bought this at the fabulous shop next to mine here in Canal Winchester called CornerSmiths.  I always find great treasures there.  Simple accessories and a french towel from Tattered Goods.



On the other side of the space is the toilet.  For the last ten years, I've had an etagere over the toilet that we bought at Target.  Super functional, but not so cute and I was so bored with it.  So, to the trash it went and we hung this crackly chippy old farmhouse shelf that I found recently at the flea market.  It's heavy and chunky and I love the pop of white against the charcoal grey.  I added a few of my favorite things to the shelf for a simple look.


I love the soft blue on these old canning jars and snatch them up whenever I find them for a reasonable price, which isn't very often anymore! lol


For my touch of quirkiness, I added this oversized subway art that I just love!  It's the first thing you see as you walk in, and I love the fact that it's so big in such a tiny space.  Unexpected and fun!


I'll post pics of the master bathroom later this week.  We found all the tile we wanted and picked out new ceiling lights.  I can't wait to see it all come together!  In the meantime, I had fun switching out this little bathroom.

Thanks for coming by, and I hope you all have a great week!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

4 comments:

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Love the dark gray in your bathroom and all your fabulous touches makes it perfect !!!!!!!!
Hugs

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Really like your paint color, and the mirror is so full of character. Really pops against that gray. Looks great Polly!

Tricia said...

Looks so great, Polly! Love that mirror :)

must love junk said...

Love this little space! The mirror is amazing and your accessories look great! :)
Susan

Post a Comment