Thursday, July 25, 2013

ugly shower ~

I am so excited because we are having some work done in our master bathroom!

Sharing some before pics of the gnarly shower that is now demolished.......



I despise those sliding shower doors!  Anyone else with me on that one?  It is impossible to clean them!  The shower curtain was my solution to hiding that horrible mess.  Doesn't look too bad from afar, but up close it's a whole 'nother story!

The next few pics are embarrassing but hey, that's ok.  We had some moisture issues in the caulk that I could not get clean, no matter what I tried.  Even pure bleach wouldn't do the trick.  GNARLY!  Plus I gave up once I knew it was being ripped out!

Warning pics of a dirty shower ahead!!  lol


glass doors no longer even see through from all the hard water build up.......


some mildew and mold on the caulk by the ceiling......


just ick


So, it's now ripped out and we're heading off to pick out tile tonight!  I'm borrowing these pics from Pinterest, these are my inspiration for the new shower............

source: http://www.tenjuneblog.com/2011/08/big-reveal-our-bathroom-renovation-is.html


source: http://www.tenjuneblog.com/2011/08/big-reveal-our-bathroom-renovation-is.html

You can see in the the photo below that we already have marble tile floors and countertops which are staying.  I am trying to choose materials for the new shower that will complement what is staying.  I can't wait to go to the tile showroom tonight!  This will be my first time doing something like this!!


The pic below shows our little built in window seat which has been the biggest waste of space ever!  It is now ripped out.  Turns out the marble tile floor was not continued under there, so we'll do our best to match it with current product.  I plan on placing a piece of functional furniture there that offers towel and beauty product storage.  I have something in the shop that I like, so I may end up using it if it fits.  Once this was ripped out, it made the room feel so much bigger!



So we're in progress right now!  They were staring to paint our little loo when I left this morning, can't wait to see how dark grey looks in that tiny little room pictured below.....



I will continue to share our journey as we progress!

Thanks for visiting!

~ vintage love ~

Polly







3 comments:

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

WOW WOW WOW a NEW SHOWER it is going to look WONDERFUL !!!
Can not wait to see the finished room !
Hugs !!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I am so excited for you! Our new bath feels so great - you will love yours. Great tile direction! Don't feel bad about the mold - they say once it gets into the walls you just can't control it, and that all comes with age. Have fun sprucing the place up. Looking forward to seeing your results.

must love junk said...

What an exciting 'project'! I look forward to seeing the transformation!
Susan

Post a Comment