Monday, July 15, 2013

help me finish these chairs!

A few weeks ago, I plunked down some loose change at Home Depot for a quart of a pretty fresh summery coral / salmon paint that I was just so drawn to for some reason.  Yesterday I showed you a little sneak peek of a table I started painting in this pretty little color.   I had also painted two vintage bent wood chairs in the same color.  They are all distressed and shabbied and ready for new seats.

So today I come to you with an assortment of fabrics from my fabric stash that I think complement the color nicely and I'm asking YOU to tell me which one YOU would choose!

 Here they are lined up all in a row.........

 

 I went ahead and laid each fabric out on the chair seat so you could get an idea of what it will look like.  Please note that it's very bunched up in these photos because they're big pieces of fabric that I didn't want to cut until I know for sure which one is THE ONE!

Option number 1:  this is a vintage bed sheet with funky flowers sporting hints of orange, mustard yellow and a little aqua. 

  

 OPTION NUMBER 2:  Simple and classic grey and white damask


OPTION NUMBER 3:  Fun and colorful, summery and fresh flowers in this one!  There is a slight hint of coral mixed in there somewhere!
 

OPTION NUMBER 4:  Chevron is all the rage these days, so I couldn't resist throwing in a grey and white chevron stripe!


 OPTION NUMBER 5:  My tried and true in most instances, simple cream nubby muslin.


Please leave a comment and let me know which one speaks to you!

This should be fun!!  And I cannot wait to hear what you all think!!

Help me!!

~ vintage love ~

Polly


7 comments:

Debby said...

My favorite is no.2. Love the gray with the coral.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Number 3...looks like it was meant to be!!

Martha Dehne said...

Number 4 ......I know chevron is trendy but, I just love it!

Shannon Gabor said...

#1!! Love the colors. Honestly, you can't go wrong!

sweetvintageofmine said...

My favorite pick is #2.....my next is #4-the chevron I think the grays look the best! Roxie

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

I think #3.

must love junk said...

They're all fun, but I have to go with #2...I'm just really drawn to it! :)
Susan

Post a Comment