Monday, June 10, 2013

jute webbing banner ~


Today I have an easy peasy banner that you can make in minutes!!

I had seen a few pins on Pinterest where making these involved sewing.  On a sewing machine.
Which did not sound like fun to me.  Cause sewing is just not my thing. 
 I can do it, I just don't love it.

So I gathered up my supplies.  You'll need:

jute chair webbing (purchased at Hobby Lobby)
a needle
thread
scissors
 

 First, just cut your webbing into pennants.  I just free-handed it.

 

 
You'll need a pretty long length of thread depending on how many pennants you want on your banner.
 Just start hand stitching the top of each pennant.  I just did two long stitches on each one.


 One finished flag will look like this:


 Three of them fit perfectly on an old door top!
So charming!



 This old door showed up outside my shop last week.  I have no idea where it came from but I just love it!  I leave it propped up beside the shop's front door and I thought one of these banners would look cute for the patriotic season we're in.


So, that's it!  So simple, so quick!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

3 comments:

Suzanne Vincent said...

Very cute! I've been trying to think of some crafts I can take on vacation that don't require hauling a lot of supplies - this just might make the cut (get it? cut?)

Shannon Gabor said...

I just bought the jute webbing last week. Thanks for the tip on sewing, you know it's not my thing!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

The door and banner look so cute !!
What a wonderful display by your shop door !!
Hugs
Janet

Post a Comment