Monday, May 20, 2013

patterns, projects, and peonies ~

It's been so hectic around here lately!  I spent yesterday at the Springfield Antique Show and some other shopping and then home to do some nesting and fluffing.  Mick is full speed ahead with his "second job" at the golf tournament, so I'll have the next few weeks as a golf widow.   I always spend this time of year working on things around the house like weeding, spring cleaning and decorating.  

Lately I've really been drawn to patterns, particularly I am loving trellis and quatrefoil designs.  I picked up a new cushion for my vintage chaise yesterday while I was out and about.   I love the neutral against all the pretty greenery starting to pop up in the garden.  That gnome had to come home with me too!  My Mom loved gnomes and when I found one that was all white and crackly, I knew he was made for me.


I've had this quatrefoil rug in my foyer for about a year now and still loving it..........


 And of course I just added this one to my dining room a few weeks ago.....


 My office just got bit by the pattern bug too!  Just a little hint of the quatrefoil design under the coffee table.  The dark grey mans it up a little bit and the pattern offers just enough of the modern element I like.
 


 


 

 Last year, we transplanted my Mom's favorite peony plant from her yard to ours.  She had transplanted these peonies from house to house over the years and they had survived.  Everyone told me not to expect any blooms this year.  But, we have two blooms coming in!
 

 One for my Mom and one for my Dad, bless their hearts and God rest their souls.  I was so happy when I saw these blooms yesterday!
Working on a few projects for the shop as well.
I found this table a couple of weeks ago.  It's not an antique, but sometimes I see something that has great lines and potential.  This would make a great table for a small foyer or sofa table, even at the end of a bed.  I immediately envisioned it in a "driftwood" look, so I've been working on creating that.  I will share completed photos soon.


 I'm always a sucker for corner cupboards too!  I think they remind me of vintage dining room built-ins.  This one definitely needs some love!  Annie Sloan Old White and some new hardware should help with this transformation.  Just getting started on this one!


What are you working on lately?
Whatever it is, hope you're having fun with it!

~ vintage love ~

Polly


4 comments:

must love junk said...

Polly, I love seeing pics of your home-your rooms look amazing! And how sweet that you've got blooms coming in to remind you of your parents! :)
Susan

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love how you mix modern and vintage perfectly!

Michelle McCoy said...

I have a thing for corner cabinets too! But you probably knew that considering how similar our tastes are :)

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Happy Day Polly !!
I was looking around my house yesterday thinking of changes to make to freshen it up but I get confused what my style is ,I like so many different things ,then I see your photos of your amazing home THAT'S MY STYLE !! I LOVE your house so THANK YOU for the inspiration !!!
Hugs
Janet

Post a Comment