Wednesday, May 22, 2013

my best find ever ~

So I have urn love.  

Urn envy.

Let's just be honest, I get downright green when I see an antique urn in someone's yard.

I covet them from afar knowing I'll likely never have a pair.

My husband says they are always too heavy and too expensive.

So I have the fake resin kind gracing my garden corners.

But on this past Saturday, I stumbled across my.best.find.EVER.
 


It once graced a garden corner, but now it's a lamp!  And Mick was right, even though it's petite, it's heavy heavy!

I found her at a garage sale on Saturday, already converted into a lamp.

I fell.in.love.  

Instantly.  

I was just hoping she wasn't already sold.  It was my lucky day!

So there she sits on my kitchen counter in all her tall, slender, rusty beauty.

I heart old rusty crusty urns.

What about you, what would make your heart skip a beat if you spotted it at the next garage sale?

I hope you find it!  It happens, it really does!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

4 comments:

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Honestly, feeling a little urn envy right now. What a score!
Enjoy :-)
Cheers, Gee

Shannon Gabor said...

Awesome!!

Stacey said...

That lamp would absolutely make my heart skip a beat. Great find!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

You win the BEST YARD SALE FIND !!!!
LOVE IT !!!!

Post a Comment