Wednesday, April 17, 2013

my lately ~

Aside from painting everything in sight to be prepared for our Moonlight Market event next Thursday, I've been working on a few personal things lately too.

A few weeks back, a fellow vendor stopped in to my shop to drop off flyers for a sale he was having, and of course we got to chatting about our recent finds.  He happened to show me this photo on his phone...........


which nearly caused me to break my lower jaw when it hit the floor!  

I mean, I was so excited when I saw this beauty.  I have secretly been searching for the perfect pine hutch for my dining room for a while now.  And all of a sudden, out of nowhere, there it was staring at me from this little phone screen!

Lucky for me, he was willing to sell it to me as long as I agreed to let him use it for display at this sale.  No problem, I can wait another few weeks I thought to myself.

But you know what, that wait was hard!!

But she arrived yesterday and I've been playing around with styling her in every free minute of time that I've had, which quite honestly, has not been much.  But I'm making a little progress here and there..........


I am filling her with ironstone and other white dishes.........I just love the look of the white contrasted against the natural pine wood.  This thing is nowhere close to being finished but I'm having fun playing around with it in my spare minutes here and there.

~ vintage love ~

Polly

4 comments:

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Dear friend you must be in cupboard heaven !!
She is a beauty !!
Have fun dressing her with all your goodies !!!!
See you SUNDAY , YIPPEE can,t wait !!!
hugs
janet

Shannon Gabor said...

Wow! She will be fun to style!!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks like you will have endless fun styling your new cabinet. I like that in your business you can find treasures, and rotate other things in and out of your home with ease when you tire of them - or just move them to a different spot.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Polly! Your hutch Is a beauty! It was so much fun to finally visit your shop today! We really enjoyed seeing all the great things that you had. Love my pillow that I bought. Hope to see you again soon!~ Hugs, Patti

Post a Comment