Tuesday, March 19, 2013

my home office ~


 Yesterday I shared with you this photo of my new desk from IKEA.......



So today I thought I would share some photos of the rest of the room that I have claimed as my home office.  Our house is a four square and this room would normally be a formal living room.  But we have absolutely no need for a formal living room, so home office it is!

I don't have curtains up yet.  They are ordered and should be here soon.  I think curtains will make a big difference!   I decided on the LENDA curtains from IKEA.


 




 


 This old cupboard that we bought at a school demolition auction and I then painted sits close to my desk to hold all kinds of stuff.  

 

 My favorite part of the room is my vintage crushed velvet french sofa!  I've layered it with many of my favorite pillows.  Mick bought this sofa for me last November for my birthday.  We found out about it when a friend of mine who is a real estate agent texted me a photo of it asking if I might want a cream couch.  When I saw the pic I almost fainted!!  She was selling a house and the owners were trying to get rid of some furniture.  We went that very night and got it!!
 

 That cream dresser was a curbside find that a friend of mine dropped off to me one day!  It was orange and gnarly, so I gave it fresh paint and vintage glass knobs for a shabby new look.

 

 Another favorite find of mine is this old industrial filing cabinet wearing it's original chippy cream paint.  I store all of my letter collection here.


My antique french book collection..........
 

 Last week my friend Liz brought a whole great big bag full of old french books!  They are not included in these photos, but with the books she gave me, my collection doubled!! 

 

 and old enamel tabletop that I use as a bulletin board.....

 

 The last corner of the room.  More drawers {yes, my name is Polly and I'm obsessed with drawers}.

 



This room has gone through several makeovers in the 10 years we've lived in this house!  The previous owners used this space as a billiards room with a giant pool table in the center.  When we first moved in, we went with the formal living room idea, but spent no time in there.  Now, I'm in and out of there many times throughout the day.   

~ vintage love ~

Polly


linking up to:


11 comments:

Shannon Gabor said...

Love it! It is so cozy and is perfectly you!

elizabeth said...

Visiting here from Timewashed. I love your room!

Solange Hooks said...

Dreamy! I love your office and your couch. I would never want to leave the house if it were mine.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Polly, your office is so pretty and put together. Puts my messy space to shame :). I love what you've done!

Connie@shabbyforsure said...

So organized. So pretty. I love your accessories and how you've decorated...Connie

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

When I think your WONDERFUL home could not look better you work your magic and presto AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Janet

Little Vintage Cottage said...

What a beautiful room! I love all the accents and decorative pieces you have in there!

Tania

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love this space Polly, all the details are wonderful!

must love junk said...

Oh, I LOVE this room! Tons of great eye candy-I especially love that old filing cabinet! :)
Susan

Tina Lou said...

I love your velvet sofa! It's wonderful for that room.
Visiting from Timewashed. :)

Clayton Steadham said...

You know how you will make your home office stunning? I find it so relaxing! I like the light color of the wall as it makes the whole place airy and soft. The vintage fixtures gave the room a serene ambiance as well. How did you come up with this? Did you look for some office inspirations? It's really beautiful!

Clayton Steadham

Post a Comment