Monday, March 18, 2013

a new desk from IKEA ~






Once the taxes are done, I can start redirecting my focus back on making things pretty and functional, so I am working on getting organized around the house the past couple of days.


We ventured out to IKEA a couple Sundays ago so I could try to put together a new office desk.  I came home with 2 ALEX drawers and a glass kitchen tabletop to create this design..........









I'm still looking for a rug and I just ordered curtains from IKEA, so it should all come together soon.

~ vintage love ~
 
Polly

 


10 comments:

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Your desk looks wonderful Polly !! Ikea has the best stuff just went a week ago and ready to go back again so want that chair I showed you !!
We should do a girls Ikea trip ??
Hugs
Janet

Solange Hooks said...

I love how you marry old with new! What a great desk!

Christie Moffat said...

Hi there,
Love your desk!! I've been wanting to do something similar. Do you know the name of the Ikea tabletop that you got? I've been looking around on the website and can't find it!
Thanks so much :)
- Christie

Polly said...

Hi Christie, not sure how to get in touch with you other than leaving you a comment here. I believe the tabletop I bought is the TORSBY. I looked through the website trying to find it and I think this is it. We went to IKEA and went through the kitchen and dining table section. I found a piece of white glass that I liked and it turned out, they sell the glass separate from the table base, so it worked out perfectly.

Good luck!

Polly

Kimberly said...

Please tell us more about the chair. Where did you find it? Thanks and Happy New Year!
~ Kimberly

SARAH said...

looks like one of the current ikea work chairs. Loving the desk & styling!

jeana said...

where did you find the lamps?

Roshni Patel said...

how did you attach the table top to the alex drawers? please let me know

scaulfield said...

Looks fab!!!! What length of table top did you use? x

JamesE Lutz said...

Thanks to a brilliant effort in publishing your article. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful article.office furniture Miami

Post a Comment