Sunday, February 24, 2013

another MMS Milk Paint project ~


 Hello there!

I completed another piece in the Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint the other day and wouldn't ya know, I got a totally different result than the first try!  This paint is certainly random and unpredictable!  Makes the process kinda fun!

I had splurged on a set of old handmade primitive style drawers recently.

I love me some drawers!

 
 sorry, drawers already removed, but you get the idea


 So I mixed up my ironstone milk paint and brushed it on.  This piece was very shiny, probably heavily varnished.  I was crossing my fingers that I would get flaking, and almost instantly, I started seeing this..........

 

 After two coats of paint and after brushing it off and vacuuming it, this was the super chippy flaky look I was achieving.......

 

 It truly looks like layers and layers and natural chipping and wear.  Very cool!

Now that it's all transformed, it's for sale at the shop..........


You may have noticed that one single drawer decided not to flake!

What do you think about the original hardware?


 The interior of each drawer is different, a few of them have cubbies!


I know it looks small in the photo, but it is a pretty sizeable set of drawers.

Dimensions: 25" wide, 18" deep, 32.5" tall


Just $199 at Georgie Emerson Vintage!

~ vintage love ~

Polly



5 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks really nice Polly! The big paper flowers on your wall are great as well. I've been missing your posts. Like me your probably so busy it gets hard to sit down and write. Happy Sunday!

Shannon Gabor said...

I love it! You are right, I have had different luck with MMS paint every time. It makes it kinda fun!!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

It looks really great Polly !! Looking forward to your next creation !!
Hugs
Janet

decorator to the stars said...

hi, have you seen my site? i'm taking march appts. :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/ITALIAN-PEASANT-COUNTRY-ACCENTS-PRIMITIVES-FRENCH-COUTURE-JUNQUE-CURBSIDE-FINDS/50377716774 GIO

must love junk said...

Oh, Polly, I'm lovin this piece!! Great job!
Susan

Post a Comment