Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saturday Shop Talk {Valentine Window} ~



 Good morning and happy weekend!  We are having amazing {but kinda weird} weather yesterday and today in Central Ohio.  I have had the shop door propped open for two days straight and the heat is turned off!  Hard to believe for January, but I'm gonna take advantage of it!

Yesterday, a large piece sold out of the window so I decided to work late last night and give the window some Valentine love!

So, today's  
Saturday Shop Talk
  is all about my current window display!
The window wares are all for sale too you know!


I hung heart garlands made from old book pages and sprinkled bits of love here and there for a cute, sweet and shabby look!  It's even nice enough weather to drag stuff outside again {love that}!
 

 This old gesso frame has been give a new look with light grey paint.  I added a handmade birch banner to the inside of the empty frame.

My doily chair {embellished with love} has been dressed up with a burlap and ruffle sweetheart pillow.

 I added a very vintage circa 1950's pink prom dress to the mannequin for a pop of color.

UPDATE:  the pink prom dress sold first thing today, so I replaced it with a fun little number you see below.........vintage pink bell bottom pajamas trimmed in lace!





 I stripped the urns of their beautiful pine dressings which was a little sad, but I was ready for a new look.  I left the white branches and added book page hearts with pink clothespins.  I had the hearts laminated at Staples so hopefully they will withstand some rain.

 

 

 I use my window stage for display inside because my space is so so tiny {just 484 square feet}!  I need to utilize every inch I can for display.  Here's a peek at the inside.....



I get tons of comments on this this crafty thing, so I thought I would share.  It is so simple!  Just take a strand of white twinkly lights and add cupcake liners to each light.  You can use simple liners like I've done here or get colorful and fun depending on the occasion or celebration.  The liners help to soften the light and just look so cute.  I've just strewn them about for a soft glow in the window at nighttime.

As the remainder of the Christmas decorations get tucked away, I'll be continuing to transform the shop with new finds and fun little things.  Thanks for coming by and have a good weekend!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

6 comments:

Debby said...

Love those little lights. So funny that the dress sold so fast. It was really pretty but love those bell bottom jammies. Beautiful weather. I heard originally we were to get 2 1/2 inches of rain this week-end. They must have changed that forecast....but that's okay.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So pretty Polly. How could anyone walk on by. Love all of your touches, the pink dress was a beauty - the cupcake lights are also a great idea. Happy Saturday! This weather is great isn't it!

must love junk said...

Polly, everything looks soo cute!! I love what you did with the urns, and those storage boxes are so fun! :)
Susan

Solange Hooks said...

Heart melting!!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Your window display is so lovely! I can see why that PINK 50's dress SOLD so quickly....it is beautiful! Love the outfit you replaced it with too! VERY SWEET! Blessings to you....Roxie

TOM Orrell said...

I just now stumbled to your blog and it seems you got a couple of nice articles.
Buy Pre Written Essays
Online Writing Services
Accounts Software For Small Business

Post a Comment