Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Shop Talk - "chippy"




 Happy Weekend!

It's time for another Saturday Shop Talk!

Today, it's all about the chippy goodness that I love so much!

You'll always find lots of chippy timeworn pieces wearing their original patina here at Georgie Emerson Vintage!  The furniture that I repaint is generally given a good chippy distressing too!

This old crate immediately spoke to me with its old beat-up shabby finish.  I love those rusty metal chippy details on the corners.


 This fabulous old cabinet is a very unique size and just look at that chippy finish!  A little red and yellow popping against that chippy white!  It's got shelves inside for storage.  (SOLD)


 Chippy celery stalk green!!  This little table is so cute and perfect in its own shabby little way!


 I think this uber cool piece gets overlooked because it's currently being used to display my jewelry assortment.  It's a two tiered bench that is fabulously weathered and chippy.  Looks to me like it's spent a few years in the great outdoors!  Absolutely perfect for corralling watering cans and pots.


 Spring is near {I hope!} and old tubs are going to be in high demand for weddings and bbq's.  Get an early start with this old girl.  At Christmas, I placed a 4 foot tree in it and it looked so good!  These things have so many uses...........ice and drink servers, herb gardens, indoor storage, heck I've even seen one repurposed into a laundry room sink {on Pinterest}!  (SOLD)


Love the look of old ceiling tile?  Then, these will be right up your alley!  They are new, but have a great chippy rusty style.  I've added a Valentine sentiment that I designed, but it could be changed out with photos or other quotes you love!


This old planter screams rusty chippy!  Gotta love that patina that comes from years and years of weathering!  love.......

 I just snapped this photo this morning when I arrived, but since then, this vintage credenza has sold.  Still sharing since it fits into the chippy category so well!  This is a piece that I transformed with some cream paint and a sander to achieve that shabby look!


 This old motel chair is in its "as found" condition, which is pretty much perfect I might add!  
Chippy rusty white!


Thank you for visiting today!  Hope you enjoyed all the chippy finds gracing the sales floor at Georgie Emerson Vintage today!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

4 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Chippy perfection!!

must love junk said...

Polly, I LOVE all this chippy goodness! Especially the wash tub!
Susan

Shannon Gabor said...

Love the cabinet that sold. Everything looks great!

TOM Orrell said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog, and was wondering when you were going to continue?
Buy Pre Written Essays
Online Writing Services
Accounts Software For Small Business

Post a Comment