Friday, January 11, 2013

a Pinterest recipe {sorta fail} ~

I've been thinking about this recipe ever since I pinned it way back when.  It just looks so good!  It is a baked oatmeal casserole filled with berries and chocolate chips.  Doesn't that sound delish?

So I gathered up all my ingredients and made one this morning, and let me just tell you, I was so excited to take that first bite!  Buuuuuuuut, unfortunately, I was a little disappointed.  Not the first time a Pinterest recipe didn't wow me though.

Here is my finished product...............and I must say it looks pretty tasty!


And it wasn't bad that's why I'm rating it a SORTA fail.

Next time, I will add the fresh bananas AFTER baking it......they were just too mushy for my liking.
I will also do about 1/4 the amount of salt the recipe calls for.
I will leave out the chocolate chips and add more berries.

So, all in all, it wasn't bad, but it didn't rock my tastebuds either.  The Mister will sample it tomorrow morning and we'll see what he has to say.

You can see my Pinterest foodie {cook} board here.

~ vintage love ~

Polly

1 comments:

TOM Orrell said...

I like your idea, its different from a lot of other sites. Nice blog too.
Buy Pre Written Essays
Online Writing Services
Accounts Software For Small Business

Post a Comment