Wednesday, December 5, 2012

she's got legs ~

I found this fabulously leggy old girl at an auction last summer.

She's definitely seen better days.

But I knew she could be pretty again.

 

 I used homemade chalk paint to bring her back to life.  I decided on a very soft aqua shade.


 Those legs of hers look good even being beat up and distressed a little!


 And my favorite thing about her is her unexpected spindle detail.......


Let's put her into perspective......


She's a good size to work as an end table or even as a bench.  Perfect for at the end of a twin size bed.

She is available for sale at the shop for $50.

~ vintage love ~

Polly

4 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

I love before and after pictures. The table looks fabulous. It went from something people would pass up and walk past without noticing it to a great find and something someone would snatch up.

Debby said...

It looks nice......
I wrote about Corner Smith's today. If you can go back and look at the comments about your store on that post. Hope to see you Friday.

Michelle Thompson said...

You just don't find that kind of detail on newer furniture. I love how the paint makes it all pop. Really cute! I'm sure it will fly...

Best!
Shell

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Whistle, whistle ~ she is a beauty!

Post a Comment