Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday Shop Spotlight - vintage Christmas

 Good morning!!

Today is Christmas in the Village here in Canal Winchester!  Santa will be arriving at 5pm and then the town's Christmas tree will be lit!  Stores and restaurants will be open late!  What a fun way to ring in the season with your family and friends, small town style!!

I thought this was the perfect Saturday to showcase some vintage Christmas items available here in the shop!

Saturday Shop Spotlight

Vintage Christmas


I still have a good assortment of vintage Shiny Brite ornaments!  I placed 12 more on the tree last night and have some more to put out today.  Vintage ornaments are special and unique and have graced many a tree over their lives.  To me, each one tells a story.  They hold many memories.  I just love them!
 



 


I just placed this box on the floor.  There's 5 old silver balls in the original box.  They have a beautiful timeworn patina that resembles mercury glass.  Gorgeous!


Old skates......I have two pairs left!  The manly pair below.....

 old wooden letters spelling NOEL.......



this old Santa boot is glittered and embellished with millinery.....


I don't find these very often, but I do have one this year!!  Handmade from tiny old glass beads, it's a little house showcasing a lime green ornament!

This set of old chalkware praying hands is lovely.  I have one old rosary left, however, it is broken.

This vintage Mary figurine looks amazing nestled into some curly raffia and displayed under a large vintage cloche....


I placed these vintage gold glitter garlands on the sales floor last night.  They are muted and have just the right amount of sparkle to them!  Just three strands left!!  $8 each.

Kitschy vintage elf boot salt and pepper shakers.  They are actually very large in size.  Super cute!

 

I cannot say for sure what these were intended to be used for.  They come on the original cardboard and have pipe cleaners for their base.  I am thinking they are either ornaments or gift wrapping bows.  If you know, please share!!
 

There is a set of 3 of these vintage cuties......
 

Today I will be working on pricing some more vintage Christmas items!  I have a vintage manger and nativity set and a few other things to pull out!

Hope you are all enjoying the Christmas spirit and holiday season so far.

~ vintage love ~

Polly

3 comments:

Debby said...

So cute. I don't know how you keep up with your inventory. I guess that is why you have three shops and I have none, hah.
Sorry we didn't make it yesterday. Still not feeling well.
Have fun tonight.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wow...you have a lot of vintage christmas treasures! Oh the memories!

must love junk said...

Polly, I sure wish I lived closer-you know I love your shop!!
Susan

Post a Comment