Saturday, December 22, 2012

Saturday Shop Spotlight - vintage linens



Good morning!  

I'm here for another Saturday Shop Spotlight featuring one of my favorite things!

vintage linens


For as long as I can remember, I have been a collector of vintage linens.  Everything from vintage sheets, pillowcases, tea towels, doilies.....even just vintage fabric remnants.  I've just always been drawn to them.

I have a nice selection of them in the shop right now, so they are getting some focus today!  They make a great stocking stuffer for sewers, decorators and vintage lovers.


large tablecloth with cross stitched rose design in a nice neutral taupe against white........
 

 an assortment of dresser scarves.......lacy, tatted and simply elegant


 a pair of blue tatted hankies...............


 this is a rare find!  a pair of matching Morgan Jones chenille full size bedspreads!


 there's three of these peacock feather shaped doilies.......



 old lace.....


 ball fringe curtains.....love


 some of the linens have cute little details.....




 These have me baffled.  They are not as big as a napkin would be.  The original label is intact that reads Cristina.  There's two bundles available.


 this old pillowcase is aged and stained, but look at those hand stitched birds!


This tiny little doily is made from the silkiest of threads.   It's just big enough to sit under a teacup.

 



Thank you for visiting today.  I might do one more post on my home decor and then we're hunkering down for Christmas!  Merry Christmas to you all!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

0 comments:

Post a Comment