Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Shop Spotlight - handmade neck warmer and infinity scarf



 Good morning!  It's a fine Saturday here in Canal Winchester.......folks are already out and about crossing people off their Christmas lists with vintage and handmade treasures!  

Today I wanted to showcase these amazing accessories handknitted by my sweet and talented mother-in-law Carol.  This woman can do anything!!  Home DIY projects, sewing, cooking, baking, crafting, gardening....well, you name it, and she can do it!  She's truly amazing and such a treasure of a person!  On Thursday, I came home from the shop and found a package on the front stoop from her.  I get giddy when I see her handwriting on packages in the mail!!  I tore that baby open so fast, I just couldn't wait to see what was inside!!

So, we've decided to add a few of her lovely handmade pieces to the shop, and we're starting with this lovely neckwarmer and infinity scarf in the perfect shade of neutral cream.  The yarn is of very fine quality and has a nice weight to it.  I've tried them both on, and not only do they look lovely, they are very warm, soft and cozy!

UPDATE:  the neck warmer is SOLD.  Sorry!  

 



I just love the big buttons and the sweet scalloped edging on the neckwarmer.  It looks great under or over a coat.



These 2 beautiful fashion accessories are currently available in store, and please know that they were handmade with love by a very special person in my family!!

Happy Saturday and Happy Holidays!!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

2 comments:

Debby said...

Love how you love your MIL. As a MIL myself that is heart warming.
Beautiful work. She is also the vintage cookie maker....she does have talent.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Very pretty Polly! Nice you have someone that has that talent that you can showcase...and your MIL no less! ~Hugs, Patti

Post a Comment