Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Shop Spotlight - doily chair




 Hello friends!

I've decided to feature just one item today during my weekly 

Saturday Shop Spotlight

 And that item is this funky and sweet

Doily Chair


 I found this fabulous chair about 2 years ago.  Last summer I pulled all the welting off and had every intention of taking a stab at reupholstering it.  I went so far as to pin new batting on.  That's about as far as I got though.

Knowing that I was about to get the store all prettied up for the holidays, I pulled that chair out and was determined to do something fun with it.  My first thought was to paint the upholstery, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I had this {mis}conception that the upholstery would get all crunchy.

Instead, I decided to pull out all my old linens and doilies and I started stitching away!


 First I had to replace the welting with something because those millions of staples were showing.  I opted for a thick jute twine rope and hot glued it on.  Not difficult, but those fingers do get ouchy after a lot of gluing!

Next, I got some very strong thread and a big needle and just started stitching.  And stitching.  And stitching.  Not a super easy task and very time consuming, but I spaced it out over several nights and TV watching. 

I loooooove how it turned out!!

It is probably not a chair for a lot of heavy sitting, but makes for a very cute corner chair!!


It is currently available for sale at the shop for $75.

~ vintage love ~

Polly

linking up to:

Primp

5 comments:

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

chair LOVE !!!!!

shaggysheephome said...

I have never seen anything like that! It's amazing and supper original! The pillow needs to stay with the chair because they look perfect together!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Very, very cute!!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Very pretty Polly, and a very clever idea. Would be so pretty I think in a bedroom! Great new way to use linens!

Donna Heber said...

I just love your vintage chair! What a neat idea to add the doilies. So pretty and romantic. I'm visiting from Primp and hope you will stop by for a visit.

Post a Comment