Thursday, December 13, 2012

my Christmas foyer -



 I've continued with a very simple Christmas decorating style into my foyer this year.  This antique dresser belonged to my grandparents.  I wanted it to have a very special location in my home and I was ready for a change in my entry way, so this is where it has landed.  It's perfect for storing hats, mittens and scarves.  We do have two closets in our foyer {on the other side of this photo}, one holds coats and the other is my cleaning closet.  I love the extra storage that this piece provides.

 

 Previously I had a cream painted credenza in this space, which I absolutely loved.  But I am also loving the rich wood tones in this piece.  This dresser was always in my parents bedroom growing up so it has a lot of history in our family.  The credenza has migrated to a new location in my house.


 


 I was forever intrigued by the mirror and how it's lost so much of its silvering.  As a kid, I asked my Mom over and over again how that happened.  It's a lovely natural patina.  Here's an up close photo:


 

It looks like true mercury glass.  It's just beautiful.  And impossible to reproduce. 

To give the foyer a little touch of Christmas, I added some sparkly twigs and glass ball ornaments to my galvanized pitcher.

 

 My vintage Santa boot is front and center with a couple mercury glass ornaments laying next to it.

 

 Some french pillows in a wire basket lined with burlap add a little softness to the corner.....


It may seem like I'm not doing a lot of Christmas this year, and quite honestly, that's the truth!  I am keeping it simple!  And loving it!  I love my  neutral palette and it seems that Christmas touches here and there are feeling just right to me this year!



Thanks for stopping by.......I hope your Christmas season is going well! 

~ vintage love ~

Polly





4 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

I'm digging the wood dresser. I love everything white but wood mixed in is growing on me. I think we go in waves with our Christmas decorations. Some years we go all out and some we keep it simple. There is no right or wrong way. Whatever you touch always looks fabulous.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your foyer looks beautiful. Love your grandparents piece. It's nice having pieces that remind us of those we love and that aren't here with us anymore. Your branches with the ornaments are very pretty.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love the simple look Polly and having your grandparent's piece makes it more special!

must love junk said...

I LOVE the dresser in your foyer! It looks perfect there...and I love the basket beside it (I have that same basket! :)
Susan

Post a Comment