Tuesday, December 11, 2012

my Christmas dining room ~


 Good morning!

I finally got started on my Christmas decorating here at home over the weekend!  The shop has had a hint of holiday for weeks, and I was really itching to start decking my home's halls!!

I always begin with my dining room.  It's my favorite room and I keep the decorating very simple in here.

I started by adding live pine above the windows and then just a couple Christmas touches here and there.

 



 We have a new old piece of furniture in our foyer (post coming soon), so I removed this old mirror from the foyer wall.  I decided to place it on my dining room table as a huge centerpiece.  I love how it reflects light and makes such a statement.  We bought the mirror at a really neat estate sale in an old brick mansion a few years ago.  I was so happy to rescue something from this old deteriorating house.


 These ruffled curtain panels came from Big Lots several years ago.....love!  I wish they had enough to cover every single window in my house!


 


 Christmas light bulbs under a cloche.....


 an empty ironstone plate waiting patiently for Santa's cookies.....


 I made these napkins last year.  I just printed the words (in reverse) on transfer paper and ironed them on!


 






I will share pics of other rooms in my house soon..........thanks for stopping by to see what I've been up to!

merry merry to all my friends here at Georgie Emerson Vintage!

~ vintage love ~

Polly


4 comments:

Two Peas in a Pod Homegrown Designs said...

That's it. You gotta come to and fluff my house! This is too pretty!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love your merry sign and the greens over the windows is classic!

shaggysheephome said...

Your a busy lady but you that does not stop you from putting time and love into everything you do. I wish I could come over for cookies and Michael bubble music. Everything looks wonderful and I still love your families secretary desk!!! Hope you are having a great Christmas and that you are hanging in there without your parents. Lots of love and prayers for you and Micky.

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

Your home looks DARLING Polly take more pictures !!
Hugs
Janet

Post a Comment