Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday Shop Spotlight - ironstone and silverplate

Such a big day today!!  Small Business Saturday and OSU vs. Michigan game!!  So much to do around these parts here in Central Ohio!

Many have ventured out in this windy cold snowy weather to patronize the local businesses here in Canal Winchester, and we're all so thankful and appreciative of that!  

Since it's Saturday, I thought I would do another Saturday Shop Spotlight and this week I am featuring two of my favorite things..................ironstone and silverplate {the more tarnished the better!!}

Generally speaking, you'll always find a selection of ironstone here at Georgie Emerson Vintage.  I love it.  I have a lot of it in my house, but sometimes I let pieces go.  Lately, I haven't found much, but I do have a few amazing pieces to share with you today!

First up, I have two really beautiful, naturally patina'd platters full of staining and crazing.  The one on top has a sweet embossed pattern of wheat, clovers and bow ties.  Very unique.  The other is a huge simplistic chunky meat platter.  Perfect for wall hanging or for display on a shelf.

 

 I also have a rare find in this old fluted edge ironstone compote.  So hard to find and in great condition!


 I hate to admit that my silverplate assortment is a little picked over right now, but I do have a cute cluster of things including two large round platters, one is footed, the other is not.  I also have an oval engraved bread platter.


This tiny compote is just the right size to corral some little bits, whether that be jewelry or paper clips or soaps.


This is a fabulous wine chiller loving cup and another small cutely shaped compote.


and one last little tidbit server........

Thank you for visiting the blog today and keeping your local small businesses in mind when shopping!
We love you!!






On another note,  I wanted to remind everyone about the upcoming shopping event we're planning here in Canal Winchester.  Our first annual Moonlight Market will be held this Thursday, November 29 from 5pm - 9pm.  Most of the local businesses are participating and are planning on some special things for the evening.

I will be ripping my store apart starting tonight after closing to create a whole new look just in time for the Market!  There's new pieces of furniture coming and of course lots of smalls and holiday, both old and new!!  

If you can make it out to see us, please do!  We've all donated items and gift certificates to create a fabulous gift basket that one lucky person can win.  The only rule is that you visit each store that evening.

In the meantime, have a great weekend!  Go Bucks!  And, of course, good tidings to you all!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

 


1 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

Ohhh you are redecorating the store? Wish I could be there and be part of it.

Post a Comment