Friday, November 2, 2012

my weekend project ~


 Happy Friday!

Whatcha'll doin' this weekend?

In between working at the shop and hitting the local gift market and my wedding anniversary, I am gettin' busy with a paint brush and an old cupboard that recently showed up at my door courtesy of my mother and father-in-law.  They brought it all the way from Missouri!  Their neighbor had a couple pieces of old furniture loaded on a trailer to take to the local antique mall to sell because they were moving when my mother-in-law saw them and waved them down.  A few cell phone photos later and I had agreed to buy two pieces!  I love it when kismet happens!

 I love the vintage retro lines of this piece.  Unfortunately, the first owner had broken the door when loading it into the trailer, but honestly, I think I like it without the door. 


I had a free hour this morning, so I went ahead and got a coat of bright white complete on the inside.  I can already tell I'm going to like it!


I feel like this piece can go in so many different directions.  I have visions of it filled with kitschy dishes like FireKing in fun retro reds and yellows.  On the other hand, I see it filled with ironstone and a more classic look.

I am not even sure what color I'm going to paint it yet!!

Hmmmmmmmmm...........

~ vintage love ~

Polly

3 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

Love it. I would do grey!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Can't wait to see it finished. It has great lines!!!

Shannon Gabor said...

Love it! I have tons of ironstone and no place to showcase it!

Post a Comment