Thursday, October 25, 2012

rescued envelopes ~

 For some reason, I am always drawn to things like this.  Recently, I came across this box of old envelopes.  They are yellowed, brittle, and quite fragile.  The gummy closures are sealed shut just from years of sitting so snugly in this box.  Initially, I thought I would use them as envelopes, but after examining them more closely, I realized they were just too frail.

I am in love with their time worn patina and I couldn't bear the thought of just throwing them away, even though their original use is no longer an option.


 So I set about stamping them with various frenchie designs and tying them with vintage string, seam binding and twine to achieve this look.......


 I will be displaying them at the shop as Christmas tree ornaments and I'm giving you a little sneak peek!



They would work on gifts, stockings, or just hanging on a bulletin board.  I may make some without the string as they could be framed too.

A fun little project for a slow day at the shop!

~ vintage love ~

9 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Great thinking! They look really nice and got to be useful!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Wonderfully Creative~~~~They will SELL!! Too CHIC! LOVE 'em! Roxie

shaggysheephome said...

Recycling at its best! Miss you Polly.

Solange

Kate said...

Beautiful Pols just beautiful. I could imagine sitting with you having fun making all of that frenchie goodness

xoxo
Kate

Barbara Jean said...

what a great find, and idea!
blessings
barb

Donna Wilkes said...

What a great idea. Back last spring I bought a box of small manila envelopes at an estate sale. I hope to use your idea as a jumping off point to using them.

Distressed Donna Down Home

Do you love him Loretta said...

Thats a great use of them! Tags are always needed!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Wonderful save! I love your creativity. It is so nice to meet you.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great idea...they look so pretty!
Love how your mind works!!

Post a Comment