Friday, October 19, 2012

livestock love ~

Despite being buried under a mound of stuff, this very unassuming coverless book caught my eye at an antique store on our way through Illinois last week.  Probably because it had no cover and I like that look.  I dug it out of its burial place and was amazingly pleased when I started thumbing through it's brittle yellow pages.  



This artwork will speak for itself, so I will limit my commentary.

Needless to say, these farm livestock images had me at hello...........












 there was even an old clock advertisement tucked inside......

 

What do you think I should do with these images?

I am absolutely smitten!  

My mind is swirling with images of banners made from them or even just simply framing them.  Perfect for a farmhouse kitchen, don't you think?

~ vintage love ~
 
Polly


3 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

Wow I should look through pages of books more often! What a great find. I think the would look great framed!

Kate said...

Oh Polly this is why we should be neighbors! I love them too. Maybe frame them and hang them on some reclaimed wood for a a farm style backdrop. Have a wonderful weekend

xoxo
Kate

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I'm so behind on my visits, but am enjoying catching up with you this morning. Loving all your recent finds...these livestock photos are wonderful and I can't wait to see what you do with them! I also love all those old ledgers and pads you got, items like that always fly out the door!

Post a Comment