Wednesday, October 24, 2012

little shelves ~


I'm laughing right now because I just typed in "Happy Monday" and then I realized it's already Wednesday!  Boy, time really gets away from me sometimes!

Last week on my Georgie Emerson Facebook page, I posted a photo of these vintage shelves that were falling victim to my paintbrush that day.......

 Poor things!!  Outdated, neglected and injured!!

We picked them up last spring.  They've been sitting waiting for me to love on them!  I was originally drawn to their cute little lines and diminutive size and I knew they had great functionality factor too!  When I received my new candle line last week {thanks Sue!}, I instantly thought they would make perfect display shelves for the candles.

So, I got busy and whipped up a batch of that homemade chalk paint where I just add 2 heaping tablespoons full of plaster of paris to white flat latex paint.  I then antiqued them with some stain.  I decided to dress them up by decoupaging the shelves with some old book pages.

Here they are in the shop............

 

 I went for a variety of pages included ledgers from 1906, blank ledger pages and old dictionary pages.
I just love that old handwriting!


 Here's another close-up for you......


 and a little side by side action......


I will be using them for display, for now anyways as they are for sale!

Enjoy your day my friends!  And, as always, thanks for stopping by!

~ vintage love ~

6 comments:

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Hi Polly,
Love what you did with those shelves, they are so neat.............
Think this is my first time to visit your blog.
Very nice,
blessings, Nellie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Great makeover Polly...love that you used the old ledger pages!

Shannon Gabor said...

Love!! The book pages add such an interest!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Serious love!!!!! My those turned out well - the mix of old pages is fantastic. Your store looks great!!!

BECKY said...

These shelves turned out great! Love also that you lined them with vintage papers! Such a warm and wonderful look!

Thanks so much for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!
Have a lovely Friday and weekend!
Becky

Katie said...

I love the size of these!!

Post a Comment