Wednesday, September 26, 2012

little velvet pumpkins {by Jane} ~

When my mother-in-law got married a few years back, I was fortunate to acquire a new father-in-law as well as a new aunt {Jane} and uncle-in-law {Andy).  While my in-laws live in Missouri, it just so happens that Jane and Andy live right around the bend from us!  They have welcomed us into their home and hearts and we feel so blessed for this new extension to our family tree!

Jane is a retired schoolteacher and is a very talented quilter and sewer.  At 78, she stays active and busy creating and sewing.  When I was getting ready to open the storefront, she and I got to brainstorming and we raided my fabric stash for vintage velvet.  The next thing I knew, she had created a wonderful collection of small velvet pumpkins in the neutral shades of light grey, chocolate brown and cream. 

These little cutie-patootie pumpkins have been such a hit at the store! 








We added a couple orange ones when I found a small remnant of vintage orange velvet in my stash.  Those sold right away.  So Jane found a pretty new burnt orange velvet to add to the  mix.  I then sourced a vintage velvet dress in the most luxurious shade of aubergine that was deconstructed for the fabric.




Yesterday, I came across a large piece of vintage velvet in teal.  It's gorgeous!  Not sure I've ever seen a teal pumpkin, but we're a little quirky here at Georgie Emerson Vintage!  Those little cuties are currently under construction, but I'll certainly post photos when they make their debut here at the store!

As of right now, we have 15 of these little beauties on the sales floor ready to doll up your home with some handmade country charm!  The prices range from $6 - $9.  They even have cloves inside to add a nice autumnal scent to your home!



Hurry in for best selection!  They don't last long!

~ vintage love ~

Polly


4 comments:

shaggysheephome said...

What an amazing pumpkin patch. I would hate to sell them. They look so great together maybe someone will buy all of them so they don't have to separate.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

So cute! Hope you still have some in a couple of weeks!xo, Patti

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love, love, love these...wish I lived closer!

Pam said...

Those are adorable. Love the colors.

Post a Comment