Thursday, September 13, 2012

handmade bags by Bellom Design Co. ~


As soon as I learned that we got the keys to 13 E. Waterloo Street, I knew that I needed to get busy pulling together my initial merchandise assortment.  Of course, the majority of that would be furniture and vintage home goods and some of my own handmade creations.  However, I also knew that I wanted to reach out to a few girls I know to see if they might want to add a touch of their style and creativity to my petite storefront.

I contacted my friend Beth of Bellom Design Co. and the wheels started turning!  She arrived at the store on Saturday with a fresh collection of handmade bags that I just loved, and I hope you all do too!

First up is this messenger bag fashioned from a vintage feedsack and a thrifted old leather belt.....

 

 I'm still swooning over this wallet made of dropcloth fabric and jute chair webbing.  The inside boasts pockets for credit cards, loyalty cards and a checkbook.


 And this little cutie flew out the door within minutes of being placed on the sales floor {but no worries, there's more coming}!  Beth totally deconstructed a reusable shopping bag and rebuilt it into a fully lined tote bag complete with pockets for your cell phone and keys.


Can you believe the talent this girl possesses?!?!
I know she's been busy working on new creations that will arrive soon!
Stay tuned!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

5 comments:

Beth Rutter said...

Thank you so much for having my "stuff" in your lovely shop!

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

I hope Beth does more of the Owl bags LOVE it !!
HUGS
JANET

carol smith said...

I really love the idea. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog. God bless you.

safes

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

These are the perfect pieces to add to your vintage treasures...love them!

Unknown said...

Love them all. Great shop additions.

Post a Comment