Wednesday, September 5, 2012

around the new store ~


 We opened our doors for business today!  It was so very exciting to have an actual brick and mortar space to call my own!  I thought I would share a few photos from around the store on day one!

I've sprinkled fall throughout the place, inside and out............I'm so ready for the crisp fall weather to arrive!

.



Inside you'll find an assortment of painted furniture, some freshly refurbished, others baring their original patina.  We have a nice collection of home decor both old and new!
I have a slight obsession with letters, so on any visit to my store, you will find a selection of scrabble letters, flash cards, and other letters that you can get very creative with!






 I strive to offer an assortment of locally handcrafted items that fit into my shabby vintage style and color palette as well.  Currently, we have ruffled lampshades, pillows, and flowers made from old sewing patterns.  Soon, we will have additional handmade jewelry and other home accessories.  I will update the blog and Facebook as these items arrive.


 

 You're sure to find old dishes and ironstone ......


 This vintage desk and chair is fabulous.....



a space isn't complete without a vintage chandelier!  I was told this was the original light fixture from a home built in the mid 60's.  
 

Today was a wonderful first day at the shop filled with friendly faces and nice chats.  I am really looking forward to keeping the space fresh with new merchandise and inventory.  It should be an ever-changing space being reinvented for the seasons and holidays!  It will likely become my home away from home!

I could not have done this without the support of my family.  My husband has encouraged me and humored my every idea as scatterbrained as it may be, my Aunt Jane and Uncle Andy have offered both their time and talents to bring some fun additions to the store, and many dear friends who have checked in offering their help and support.  In addition, the local merchants in town have been gracious and kind, and for that, I am thankful beyond words. 

From the bottom of my heart, thank you all for helping this country girl pursue her dream!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

5 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

Happy Opening Day!! Everything looks beautiful and I will visit in the near future! Another place for a "GIRLS DAY OUT" Your friend in OHIO~~~~Roxie

Janet- OPEN MARKET STYLE said...

I am so very happy for you Polly you are living your dream !! The shop looks wonderful I can not wait to come and shop !
See you soon !!
Hugs
Janet

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Yay for you...your shop looks great!! Wish I was closer :) Best of luck to you and your new adventure!! Laurel

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

How wonderful Polly-with your creativity and hard work I am sure your shop will be a success! I hope to take a day trip for a visit sometime!

Rustic Anthology said...

So fun! The shop looks great!
~Ashleigh @ rusticanthology.blogspot.com

Post a Comment