Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trash or Treasure?

Sometimes really cool things show up on my doorstep.

This brightly hued bad boy came courtesy of my friend Stan who doesn't mind grabbing a piece of good trash from the neighbor's curb for a girl who loves to rescue things.

 

This poor thing had seen some better days!  It was clearly a garage shelf and had various and sundry drippings and splatters adorning it.  A couple missing knobs and mildew never deter this old girl though!

A few coats of Zinsser primer followed by two coats of Elegant Ivory.  Add in eight 50% off Hobby Lobby glass knobs and some number stickers and you get instant office storage shabby style.

 

Earlier this summer, I came across this box chuck full of number stickers from a cigarette display for a convenience store.  I hate cigarettes and I hate smoking.  But I'll repurpose these stickers all day long!  There's hundreds of sheets of black and white numbers, various sizes.

 

 For this project, I used an exacto knife to cut out the 1,2,3,4 white numbers and adhered them to each drawer just eyeballing where they should go.  These stickers peel off super easy, so re-positioning them was not a problem.




 You can see all the little paint nubbins that I left on there.  Since this was a truly vintage piece and I didn't know what kind of paint it had been previously painted with, I left it alone.....no sanding or scraping.


I have a good feeling that these number stickers are going to come in quite handy around here!


I have a few more "GOOD TRASH" stories to tell........my friend Candace has found some great pieces for me that are coming up on my "to do list"!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

P.S.  Thank you Stan!  :-) 


Linking up to:







6 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Very nice! Your elbow grease did that cabinet wonders. Love your number stickers!

must love junk said...

Polly, what a fantastic transformation!! I have a couple old pieces that I need you to work your magic on ;)
Susan

Polly said...

Lynda, I can send you some if you want some! Just let me know!

Polly said...

Thanks Susan!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Stan's the man!
Great makeover!

Zumi Embiado said...

I like the makeover you've made. You did a great work. A lot of thanks for sharing this ideal post with us.

Post a Comment