Friday, July 13, 2012

friends and an old chair ~


Yesterday I told you about a dresser that arrived on my doorstep courtesy of a fine friend.  

Today, that story of friendship continues with an old chair.

 I met Candace back in 1996 when I started working for Big Lots.  It was my first "real" job.  On my first day, my new boss took me to lunch at the company's cafe operated by Candace, a chef.  This country girl had never met a real live chef before, so I was instantly intrigued.  Turns out, we were about the same age and both learning the ropes in corporate America.  We became instant friends.  Candace has shared so many recipes and cooking tips with me over the years and lately, she's been showering me with some amazing finds!

A couple weeks ago, she texted me letting me know she had decided to go to her community yard sale and look for some treasures I might like.  She's confessed to me that, generally speaking, she doesn't go saleing much, but she had some down time and thought she'd go look around.  I was napping and didn't get all of her texts right away, but this former corporate girl took it upon herself to get the names, numbers and addresses of people who had stuff I might want!  The next day, I went to her house and picked up this chair she bought and then another one from someone in her neighborhood.

 Candace knows that I love anything "farmhouse-y" and she thought this antique chair fit the bill.  I totally agreed.  It has great details and I love the dark stain. The seat cover just needed a little updating.



 I had these curtains on hand that I had found a while back.


 Love the grey and white stripes and I thought it might make a nice combination.


It really updates the look!


 I added a sweet handmade ruffled pillow {made by another friend, Jane}.


 This chair {and pillow} will be available for sale at our brick and mortar storefront - Motley Junket and Goumas Candyland - the Granville store location we've recently opened.  UPDATE:  Sorry but this chair is SOLD.  For more information about that venture, please visit our Motley Junket blog. The address for this location is:

The Original Goumas Candyland and Motley Junket
113 N. Prospect Street
Granville, Ohio 43023
just a few doors down from the fire station


Here's a couple of photos of the vintage wares and handmade chocolates you will find there......
 


Vintage and chocolates {it doesn't get much better than that}!

Cheers to friends who go out of their way to do some junkin' for a friend!

Thanks Candace!

~ vintage love ~

Polly





4 comments:

Revi said...

Sweet! The story, chair and candy...now I want a sea salt caramel REALLY bad. :)
0Revi

Solange Hooks said...

You can never have to many good friends like your friend Candace and that goes for candy as well! Love the chair!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That is a very nice friend! Love your shop space - I would have a really hard time going to work, and not getting into that candy :)

Polly said...

The candy sometimes helps give me my second wind when I tire down!! It is really good chocolate!!

Post a Comment