Tuesday, July 17, 2012

a country auction {Part two}


 The yields of a true country auction.....

 

 everything was so dirty and cobwebby from being forgotten in a barn all these years....but it is all found again!



I heart this old hose reel......although it kind of looks like a midieval weapon of some sort.



 Mick bid on a couple of old croquet sets in which we salvaged the balls, three mallets, and one of the carriers.  Most of the mallets were broken in half and chewed on {by something}.  I love the old mustard yellow paint on this one.  I've been thinking what it could be repurposed for......possibly a broom holder?  Any other ideas out there?

 

very crusty old stool


 This is some sort of pump.  We thought it had a cool look to it.  What would you do with it?



The last room of the auction was the "summer kitchen".  By this time, there was only a handful of people left.  Most everything that I wanted was in this building so we hung around all afternoon until the auctioneer reached this spot.  This has never happened to me before and it was soooo funny and a little awkward........but we got in there and it was just the auctioneer, the clerk, and me!  Noone else came in!  So, I got dibs on what I wanted to rescue out of there!  We were laughing as I was the only one bidding and had noone to bid against me.  A couple more people showed up after a few minutes but it was fun while it lasted! 

 I got this cute little stand.....looks almost moroccan, don't ya think?


And these were what I had been waiting for all day!  I spied them and they stuck on my mind all day!
Three old crates in the prettiest original pale aqua blue paint with a little darker blue and pale green 
peeking through in spots.



In the summer kitchen, I also got a mid century danish modern buffet that needs some love but I think it might end up being a very stylish piece.  In addition to these fresh farmhouse finds, we got three boxes of old linens, a pair of satin wedding shoes, a very sweet old millinery headband, a cottage style mirror, and a mid century mirror that is so ugly!  But I think it's going to end up as a very nifty and large chalkboard in the next couple of days....stay tuned!

If you ever have the chance to attend a country auction, go!  It's such fun and you just never know what might be uncovered in those old barns!  Wear your walking shoes and be prepared to get a little dirty.  But also, be prepared to have a little fun, country farmgirl style!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

linking up to:




4 comments:

~ Liz ~ said...

I would love to go to a country auction. Hard to do where I live seeing as there is no country, but how did you even know about it? Looks like so much fun and I love the cool things you got. You're like me; I get things knowing they could be good for something, but really haven't a clue as to what. Been wanting an old croquet set for over a year but still haven't come across one. Good scores!
Liz

Solange Hooks said...

Sounds like and Auction to remember!

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the old croquet balls, they have great patina. A great find! Laura

mischy said...

cheap electricity nsw

Totally a fun auction to remember. As we can see with your lovely finds you surely had a great time. I've got to attend auctions from now on.

Post a Comment