Sunday, July 15, 2012

a country auction {Part 1}

Yesterday I was transported back in time at an old country farmhouse.


 We attended a farm auction where we had the chance to roam through a farmhouse, barns and outbuildings.

 

 The original part of the house was a log cabin whose beams are still intact.  My favorite part of this room is the white plank ceiling.....

 

 I have never seen a kitchen quite like this one!  All the cabinets are metal....and are actually in pretty good condition.  I was told that the retro appliances do not work but they sure do look neat!  A fellow auction goer who specializes in this era and style said that she was interested in purchasing the appliance fronts which could then be attached to a new appliance for a true retro look.  Brilliant!



 This is a close-up of the vintage flooring in the bathroom.  Love it!  It was in surprisingly good condition.  So was the pink wall tile!

 

 Of course I was madly in love with this huge sink in the laundry room.   Not sure why I have such an obsession with old sinks but this one had me at hello!



 There was a total of 6 outbuildings................just dreamy!





 The building above was the "summer kitchen".  It was in terrible disrepair but I couldn't help but snap a photo of one of the old blue doors.  You can see how badly all the paint was peeling and just how dirty it was.


 This old dresser was located in the summer kitchen.  Great lines and super chippy with old cream and turquoise paint!


We ended up spending the day walking about the house and grounds in between bidding for the items we wanted.  It was hot yet breezy, sunny yet comfortable, and peaceful despite all the folks milling about.  I loved being in the countryside for the day.

Tomorrow I will share my treasures with you.  We filled up the car with some neat things!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

2 comments:

Cheryl @ Vintage Serenity said...

Beautiful old place Polly! Love your photos! Can't wait to see what your found:)

must love junk said...

Wow-I'm jealous! That looks/sounds like my idea of a perfect day :)
Susan

Post a Comment