Thursday, July 19, 2012

a tale of one ugly mirror ~

If you have been following along this week, you saw my posts detailing the country farm auction we attended last Sunday.  In one of the bedrooms, this sad lonely solitary mirror was resting against the wall.  In the photo, it is shown on it's side and reflecting my overflowing garage.  But I digress.


 It had no bids.  Noone was interested.  But I saw it for something other than a boring vintage mirror.  As soon as we got home, Mick unhinged the mirror and this is what I discovered underneath.  Just plywood, nothing fancy.  But just perfect as a.....


...................chalkboard!



It even has a perfect lip at the bottom for holding chalk!  I painted over the mid century blonde finish with soft grey paint and painted the center with chalkboard paint.

It is now available for sale at Goumas Candyland where my friend and junk sister Keely are now offering our vintage wares.  You can learn more about that venture of ours here.

Hope you are all having a good week!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

1 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Great idea Polly! Now it's both practical and nice to look at!

Post a Comment