Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thank you Susan of Must Love Junk!

Probably about a year ago, I had the pleasure of meeting a very sweet gal at Heritage Square Antique Mall while I was there working my booth.  This cute petite blonde thing with really adorable hair popped into my booth and immediately we were chatting it up about all things rusty and crusty!  Good junk talk!  I learned that Susan and her Mom own a home decor store a couple hours away (which I hope to visit this summer, God willing!).  Watching her eye dance over all the stuff at the antique mall and seeing what she was drawn to like wire baskets and chippy painted boxes and industrial bins made me realize that we share the same design style.  It was so fun to connect with someone like that!

Susan has recently started a blog called Must Love Junk.  You will fall out of your chair when you see her home, her collections, and her design aesthetics!!   She recently was honored with the Liebster Award, which was well deserved I must say.  Sweet Susan nominated my new little Georgie Emerson Vintage blog for one too!  { insert happy dance here }



The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  As part of the nomination, Susan asked me to share five random things about myself..............hope I don't bore you, but here goes!

 1.  In 2006, I left a corporate job that I had been at for 10 years to spend time with my Dad before he passed.  I then spent the next 6 years as the sole caregiver to my Mom who was chronically ill.  I was able to keep her in her home for 5 years.  During this time, my little junkin' hobby and booth became my refueling place......where I went to think and create and get lost in my junk.  My little hobby grew into a little business.  Who knew?!?!

2.  My husband and I don't have any children.  We do have a dog named Riley, pup-pup, winkie, goober, scruff muff and there's probably a few others I'm forgetting.  We don't treat her like she's our child, but I will admit, I love her like she is and she's a pretty pampered old girl.  She's a rescue and had a rough life prior to picking us.  I want her to live a good life now which means lots of treats, a full food bowl, fluffy pillows to sleep on, and lots of love and protection.

3.  I have never stepped foot in a Starbucks.  I don't drink coffee or tea.

4.  Here's a list of some random things I LOOOOOVE:  ruffles, white, Coca-Cola, mac 'n cheese, pup-pups, IKEA, antique stores, chippy paint, lemongrass candles, cran-raspberry juice, mustard yellow, bold graphics, vintage letters, locker baskets, tufted velvet, most anything industrial, Restoration Hardware, The Real Housewives of the OC, Patrick Dempsey, lavender plants, weathered wood, Snow Patrol, Paris (never been), french books, Keith Urban, good friends and family.

5.  I was recently told that I'm kind of "princess-y" which made me laugh because I've always thought of myself as a country girl, not afraid to get dirty.  Although I do like to have my hair and nails done and I'm generally dressed up when I'm heading out in public.  Last night when our power was out, I spent an hour cleaning out a set of industrial metal cubbies from a machine shop.  Yes, I wore gloves hence the princess-y part of me, but kept going when they got holes in them, and today there's dirt under my nails hence the country girl in me.  I guess I'm a little bit of both!

So, there's a little bit about me! 

Now, it's time for me to name my 5 nominations for the Liebster Award! Remember, this award goes to 5 blogs that I love with less than 200 followers!

1.  Vintage Restyled (she's at 198, let's help her get to 200!)

2.  Shaggy Sheep Home

3.  Blessed by Three Miracles

4.  Fearless Nesting

5.  Happenstance Home (this gal is at 206, but she is one of my faves, so I am including her too!!)

If you were nominated, please take a moment to join the fun and spread the love by nominating 5 of your own!  Here's how:

1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award and  follow their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog (you can right-click on the Liebster label from my page, save it to your computer, then save to your blog).
4. Present The Liebster Award to 5 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized.
5. Let them know by leaving them a comment on their blog.


A big thanks to Susan at Must Love Junk for the nomination and a big heartfelt thanks to those of you who've stopped by here!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

~ vintage love ~
 

Polly 






7 comments:

Shannon@vintagerestyled said...

Thanks for the shout out! I now know more about you and love it! Hope to see you soon!

must love junk said...

Polly, I LOVE this post! Thanks for your sweet words...and congrats on your award!
Susan
p.s. you've seriously never been in a starbucks?:)

Polly said...

Hi Susan, thanks for the nomination! Yep, never been in a Starbucks!!

Solange Hooks said...

Thank you Polly for nominating shaggy sheep home! I am so happy to get to know you a little better. I love how you are a princess-country girl. You are Classy and would fit into paris with no problem but you are a hard worker and can work in a garage with a tool belt and a crown. I had no idea you did not drink coffee, next time I invite you over it will be for coca-cola and home mad mac'n cheese! I cant wait to check out the other blogs you mentioned. I feel so blessed to know you Polly!

Lili said...

Awww, you are just the sweetest to nominate my blog Polly. And it was fun learning a little bit more about you too! xo ~Lili

Lili said...

Awww...you are just the sweetest to nominate my blog Polly. And I enjoyed learning a little bit more about you too! You have so many inspirational ideas on here... I especially love how you used those white vinyl numbers on that dresser. xo ~Lili

Lili said...

Thanks for the nomination Polly! I just love how you used those white vinyl numbers on that dresser...you have so many inspirational ideas on here. xo ~Lili

Post a Comment