Thursday, June 14, 2012

my fountain ~

We bought this cement fountain from The Anderson's a few years ago.  We got to enjoy it for one season, then someone (possibly me) cut the electric cord with the hedge trimmers while trimming the boxwoods.  Um yeah, I admit it.  I also cut the cord to the hedge trimmers during this same trimming escapade.  Good times.

The poor little fountain has been sitting dry for a while now, but today, my neighbor decided to help me get her going! 

She sits right under my dining room and I just love to hear the water bubbling about when the window is open!



I planted a bunch of lavender plants last year and they have just taken off!  I've been cutting them and putting them all around the house for a little extra scent here and there! 


Now that the golf tournament is over and Mick is home more, we'll get some of our outdoor projects completed.....we still need to mulch and work on a paver area out back.  Our new front door is being installed Tuesday.....can't wait to see how it turns out!

Hope all is well out there friends!!  

~ vintage love ~

Polly

3 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your story is so funny! Sounds like something I would do! Your fountain must sound really nice - great to have it running again! Hope all is well. Your booth looks so happy too!

must love junk said...

I love the sound of water like that, too-its so peaceful-and your lavender looks gorgeous!
Susan

must love junk said...

Polly, I just nominated you for the Liebster Award-congrats! You can find details on my blog :)
Susan

Post a Comment