Thursday, May 17, 2012

my laundry room ~



 A few months back, I shared images of one half of my laundry / mud room makeover on my Motley Junket blog.  Here are some of those photos....

 

 We hung three IKEA Lack shelves in a staggered manner to help heighten and elongate the space.  I wanted cupboards above the washer and dryer, but my husband helped me to realize that they would not be very functional as I would not be able to reach them.

We brought in this antique bread factory cart to corral all of Mick's shoes.


I accessorized with things from around the house that I love.  Despite my mostly neutral palette, I added some pops of mustard yellow, turquoise, and orange in small doses around the room.




 I never got around to showing the other half of the room, so here we go!


 We found this vintage folding table at the Scott Antique Show over the winter.  It works perfectly as a small table for folding clothes. 


 Can't beat this original vintage patina!  And that color is my new love!


 I bought this bird print from my friend Shannon at Vintage Restyled.  Her booths are right down the row from mine.  She has great stuff.....I'm always buying things from her!


 I don't have any closed storage in this space, so I tried to display my laundry necessities as stylishly as possible in this glass cabinet I've had for years.


 This old locker basket unit was the inspiration for the room re-do!  Last fall, Mick and I went to the Springfield Antique Show together.  I had moved ahead of him a little bit and was a couple booths past him.  I came across this piece and was oogling over it.  I looked up to find him and call him over to see it because I was.in.love.  I look up and find him standing over another unit just like this one and he was.in.love with that one!  It is rare for us to agree like this on a decorating piece!  He usually questions me....where are you going to put it, what are you going to do with it, yada yada.  In this case, it was an instant done deal.  We are using it to hold all of our CD's.  Yes, you read that right.  We still listen to CD's and have a ton of them.  They all fit and it is so nice to have them put away and alphabetized and easy to find as we head out the door.


 The mustard yellow soda crate also came from Vintage Restyled.
 
The girls of Sparkle and Rust inspired me with all their vintage soda bottles in their booth.  I have found a few cute ones in my accent colors.




The lamps were thrifted and I LOOOOOVE them.  They are definitely my favorite thrift store find ever.  They were $3.93 each but were 50% off that!  They look like old spindles.  They are heavy heavy heavy.  I had seen lamps made from chunky old spindles and had considered splurging on some, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money.  Patience definitely paid off in this instance! The burlap shades are from Meijer.


Here is a photo taken from our garage door entrance.  It's hard to get good shots of this room because it is long and narrow and no windows for natural light.



I found this old bench at a yard sale last summer and gave it a little makeover over the winter.  I "purchased" the frame from my booth (haha!) and turned it into a chalkboard.  My shoes are corralled below it in baskets from Meijer.


This is what it looked like before....


It's so nice to have this room all made over!  It was on my to-do list for quite some time!

Thanks for visiting today!

Linking up to Kristin's party at Simply Klassic Home!

~ vintage love ~

Polly

7 comments:

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Hi Polly. Such a pretty and practical space. Great lamp find - i also still have lots of CD's. I seem to remember to listen to them more than grabbing the ipod. Must be our age :). I like how organized your room is. Hope you are doing well.

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

Oh my goodness the space is beautiful!! My favorite is the locker storage baskets!!The bench turned out fabulous as well. I had to laugh about the husband comments-sounds like it could have been a script at my house as well!
Cathy

mustlovejunk said...

I'm so jealous of your locker basket unit! I've always wanted one of those! I met you at your booth a while ago (my mom and I have a shop in Canton) I always make sure to stop by your booth(s) when we visit Columbus! I'm your newest follower-stop by my new blog if you get a chance!
Susan

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Polly!
Wow...love the laundry room...so pretty!
The yellow makes it a cheery place to be!

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a great laundry room. I liked so many things you did/have, but my favorite is the glass front cabinet, followed closely by the locker basket shelves. What great storage they provide.

twelve-O-eight said...

oooooh you have inspired me to do something with my laundry room! Your latest follower , Tanya :)

The House at Bluebird Lane said...

Polly, What a beautiful transformation! Love all the details and that bright yellow adds to the cheery space. LOVE the bench redo...it's just perfect! I'm in the process of fixing up my dreary little laundry room. Thanks for the inspiration! So, happy to be now following. :-)
Sharla

Post a Comment