Sunday, May 27, 2012

American pride ~

 Showing our pride for America at Georgie Emerson Vintage with a fresh patriotic display front and center!  

I filled the old Hoosier cabinet with a huge variety of red and white transferware "Historic America" plates by Homer Laughlin.  They depict important special scenes throughout American History such as Betsy Ross displaying her first handmade American flag......

 

 and a set of 8 General George Washington plates.....


This grouping is marked English Abbey on the bottom....also very beautiful.....



 There is also a fabulous old navy print


 And another titled "Our Flag"


 2 oversized vintage buntings are available as well


America love



 Wishing all of you a happy and safe Memorial Day holiday!

My Dad was a proud vet of WWII.....


I think of him every day, not just Memorial Day.  But the holiday does remind me of the sacrifices made by the brave soldiers who have served our country over the years.  My Grandparents saw their three boys go to war together, but only two came home.  

Whenever I see homes proudly displaying their flags with each star signifying the number of children they have serving in the armed forces, I think of the emotions and pride they have for their offspring.

These people are amazing and brave and honorable.

And I thank them every day for their valor and dedication to all of us!

Thank you brave souls....we will never forget.

~ vintage love ~
Polly

0 comments:

Post a Comment